Chapter 8

Nyomi's POV

"So, your birthday is coming up soon." Alyssa randomly blurted out as I was getting ready for work. "You got any ideas of what you wanna do?"

"Nope." I simply answered her popping the p.

"C'mon Nyomi." She whined spinning around in the office chair. "Its going to be your 21st. You've got to do something."

"I'm not really feeling the whole birthday thing this year." I sat down putting on my Nike shoes.

"Whatever." She disregarded my statement. "You said the same thing last year and this year I'm not having it."

"Fine, you can put your energy into planning something but just know I would be fine watching movies all day." I shrugged and stood up walking towards the door. Alyssa pestering me about my birthday was going to make me late for work. Growing up my birthday was never anything special so I never really cared for it. When I was at the orphanage I would be lucky if anyone remembered my name, much less to wish me a happy birthday. It's not that I didn't want Alyssa to plan me a party. It's just I didn't know how celebrate and enjoy my birthday. This was something new for me and it made me feel uncomfortable thinking about how all of the attention would be on me for one day.

Alyssa's POV

I decided to do some running around for Nyomi's birthday. It was important to me that I made her birthday perfect. My first stop was to the cake store to pick out two cakes for her birthday. After spending a long two hours picking out the right cake I headed to store to get her presents. I pulled into the jeweler's to get her some custom made jewelry. As I entered the store I took a seat waiting to be helped. Just as a someone was finally helping me, the door makes a noise signaling someone entered the store.

"If it isn't my favorite customer Yoshohn." The jeweler looked up from helping me put together my design for the necklace I was getting Nyomi. I was curious to see what made this guy so special to be his favorite customer so I turned around to look too.

 I was curious to see what made this guy so special to be his favorite customer so I turned around to look too

It was obvious as day why he was his favorite customer from the amount of jewelry he had around his neck. He was wearing somebody's college tuition like it wasn't shit to him.

"You ready to celebrate?" He held up a golden bottle.

"Yeah you can wait in the back. I'll be there as soon as I'm finished helping her." The jeweler told him causing Yosohn to shift his attention towards me. After spending a few moments studying me he went to the back without another word.

Whew! He was fine as hell.

I spoke with the man for about fifteen more minutes before finalizing my order. We set a pick up date and I left out more than satisfied with my decision. Most of the main planning for her birthday was done. There were a few minor details still left like the color scheme of the party and what kind of food was supposed to be served. I must've feel asleep on the couch because I woke up to the sound of keys jingling the door.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Nyomi watched me rub the sleep from my eyes. "What have you been doing all day?"

"Nothing besides catching up on some sleep." I lied to her causing me to feel bad but I was only lying to keep everything a surprise.

"I'm hungry let's order some pizza." She plopped down on the couch beside me.

"Okay just don't forget to add extra bacon." I flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting to watch. We both watched Grey's Anatomy until our food came. After we were done eating we both decided to head to our rooms to get some sleep. Turning of all my lights, I laid in thinking about how fun Nyomi's birthday was going to be. I really wanted her to enjoy it.