Prologue

The brunette man stood on the outside of his favorite casino, sipping his bourbon from the short, circular glass he held. He was deep in thought as he watched the lights reflect off of their neon signs. He was proud of himself, don't get him wrong, he had money, a great business, friends, and the fame. There was always something missing though, some hole in his life that he hadn't been able to fill with any of that.

He's felt it ever since he had moved here from his hometown of Saint George, Utah and run off to gamble his life to here. The excitement here was always to short-lived, ending after each poker match.

The man looked over after hearing someone walk out of the building, seeing his former business partner and good friend, Dallon, step out. "Hey Dal." He mumbled as he downed the last bit of his drink. Dallon nodded back a greeting as he leaned back against the wall as well, "How goes it Urie?" He asked, looking down and over at the shorter man next to him. Brendon nodded and sighed, he was about to ask Dallon if he could define what he was feeling, but was interrupted by him.

"So, you see I've got a bit of my family coming down for a trip tomorrow. I was wondering if a few of them could crash at your hotel? Mine are booked for most of the nights and I'm not gonna have enough room at my place." Dallon asked nervously. Brendon was about to object to the offer, but then stopped with a sigh. "Fine, I'll see what I can do if you give me a discount on something over here." Brendon grinned as Dallon sighed, "Fair enough. Thank you Brendon." He said shaking his hand before going back inside to contact his family and tell them of their new arrangements.

The brunette man outside went back inside and got another drink before letting the glass get cleaned. After that, he went to go tell his maids and staff of the plans, so they could prepare the rooms.