Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts

Song Quote: Clear My Head
"I can't focus, I can't forget I've been thinking too much lately I just need to clear my, I just need to clear my head"
~~~

Your Pov:
Something was nudging your body softly stirring you from your dream. Your eyes fluttered open seeing Lloyd's face as he knelt at the side of your bed cot.

"Lloyd..." you muttered with sleepiness in your tone as he nudged you more.

"Come on (Y/n), we just got assigned something important" the boy chided "it'll be fun."

"What?" You asked sitting up rubbing the sleep from your eyes. You looked outside and it was the crack of dawn with the sun barely peaking over the horizon. "Good grief" you grumbled stretching your neck.

"My Uncle wanted me to pull some pranks on the ninja" he told you "So we gotta prepare before they wake up."

This got your attention snapping the sleep out of your system. Part of you liked the idea and were now on board.

"What do you have in mind?" You asked as you got up from your bed slipping your jacket on.

"Yes! Let's cause some mayhem!" The boy whisper yelled grabbing your hand heading out of the room sneaking through the bounty quietly so as to not wake anyone.

He leads you to a room with a Tv and video game console in it.
"Playing videogames?" You questioned tilting your head in confusion.

"Yeah we gotta beat Kai's high score" Lloyd replied as he grabbed a controller. "He's the fire ninja and has a hot temper. He'll lose it if someone beats his favorite game" the boy explained as he turned it on.

You sat by his side watching the boy play but everytime he tried Lloyd couldn't beat the high score. This was going on for a while as you went to the kitchen to go get some juice for both of you to drink. When you came back the boy had failed again.

"Arrghh! I can't beat it..." Lloyd grumbled dejectedly as he muddled over the controller.

Taking a sip of your drink you held a hand out. "Can I try?" You asked after setting your cup aside, curious of the game yourself.

"Huh? Sure give it a shot" Lloyd said as he handed over the controller even showing you what the buttons do.

The entire time you were watching the gears in your mind were turning. Analyzing the way the pixels moved and how it was played. The colors on the screen keeping your attention that you were mesmerized by it entirely.

The buttons clicking on the controller feeling very comfortable in your hands that it brought a sense of nostalgia to your being.

"Look! Your getting close to beating his score!" Lloyd awed from beside you with excitement in his tone. You weren't even paying attention to the scores, instead you found that you were enjoying yourself.

After hitting the last bad guy and finishing the stage the game congratulated you by announcing that you beat Kai's highscore.

"Woah Awesome (Y/n)! That's so cool!" The boy whisper yelled jumping up and down on the couch and hugged you in excitement.

He must have had a good time watching you play. Pride and pure joy rushed through your being. In the moment you smiled and hugged the boy picking him up as you both relished in the victory.

When you put the boy down you asked finally getting into it with excited sparkling eyes "What should we do next?"

You both cleaned up the livingroom then headed off to the laundry room.
Lloyd tampered with the laundry by tossing one of Kai's red shirts in with Zane's white clothing.