A Foreword

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Recommended reading with a black background for purely aesthetic reasons

• Recommended reading with a black background for purely aesthetic reasons. Darkness is our domain •

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

◢✥◣
SYNOPSIS
◥✥◤

Pain was my fuel, until the fire began bleeding from my veins.

The girl without a name.

The black-haired fiend devoid of fear.

The sharp-tongued scoundrel always ready with a trick up her sleeve.

Thief and street rat Azura knows how to hustle a man better than she knows how to read. Some skills are far more important than others in the dog-eat-dog world she survives in. She knows Rupteran will only play nice when the Corrupt Empire keels over and dies. Which isn't going to be anytime soon with the piss-poor job the rebellion is doing.

When a robbery that could turn her life around goes sour, Azura's sharp wit and blackened heart will be tested.

One should be wary before cornering a wounded animal, and that's exactly how the rebellion finds Azura. With her bloody teeth bared and her hackles risen, Azura is ready to bite off the hand they offer her.

But some deals are just too alluring to pass up.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

◢✥◣
NOTICE
◥✥◤

Please be advised that this book is yet another draft of the first book in what was once called the Venator trilogy. It has been completely revamped with a new title, a revised plot, and reworked characters. This is a tale that has been with me for over seven years and will continue to be something that I vigorously work upon until my perfectionist's heart is somewhat sated.

If you have read Venator: Reckoning and are still dedicated to reading this, then I thank you for you're the reason I felt inclined to return to this tale when I thought I had to abandon it.

If you're a new reader then welcome to a story of tragedy, longing, love, and deeply repressed pain. In this household, we all suffer.

Any chapter without a 'previously' at the top of the chapter has been edited. Don't mind that some of them do and some of them don't.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

◢✥◣
DEDICATION
◥✥◤

To my mother. Our rants are an endless source of entertainment and you humble me with your sarcasm. My head will never be inflated with you as my sidekick.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

◢✥◣
WARNING
◥✥◤

This book contains rivers of blood, lethal warriors with bloodstained smiles, women of mass-destruction, corrupted morals, the wails of inner demons, mad gods with mad minions, and the oppressing forces of heaven and hell and all things in between.

This book includes a combination of different religions and takes inspiration from numerous cultures. Though I try to be as open-minded and as considerate as possible, I myself am not religious. Taking that into consideration, please message me if I've depicted something in an insensitive way. Though this is a work of fiction and I've merely taken inspiration, I'm only one person and can't know all.

This book also contains depictions of psychosis, and though in novel format it's difficult to capture the true identity of psychosis and schizophrenia, it does not negate the fact that the mental illness is very real and very traumatising. If you suffer from such a thing - or have any type of contact with it - please do not hesitate to contact me if you feel I have depicted something wrong, or simply to talk to someone about anything.

Please attend this tale with tissues, whiskey, and your wits.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

◢✥◣
PARTICULARS
◥✥◤

© 2018 Kiahni Chae All Rights Reserved

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any matter, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

All rights of the music, quotes, and artwork goes to their original owners.

If you steal my work I'll eat your heart and lick the blood from my fingers. :)

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

This is who we are, a product of war.