food poisoning

They all laughed, and Ben just took a bite of his cheeseburger, watching them.

He sighed, stepping up and out the booth. He was lucky he got to sit on the edge, as it gave him the chance to sneak to the bathroom unnoticed by the others.

He holds his hand to his stomach, swallowing a gag. He's leaning against the wall, the door locked to let people know it's occupied and no, they can't come in he's have a serious moment. He's trying to decide if he's sick or just drank something wrong. But they're celebrating a huge moment (They've been nominated! They could win!) and so he can't stay in the bathroom at this restaurant, while they're having a fun time out there.

So he takes a deep breath and unlocks the door, muttering an apology to the man waiting, and slides into the booth, almost missing everybody deciding on cake as a celebratory food.

"Don't forget to order some alcohol, too!" Rami says, and Ben chuckles, keeping a hand on his stomach.

He has to be careful.

It's not long after the cake and alcohol and everything else that they decide to return to the hotel. Ben didn't drink, wanting to stay sober. Joe and Rami drank a bit, but not enough that you could tell they weren't sober. Gwilym drank some, and with a couple questions, you could tell he was drunk.

Ben seemed to be the only affected one, though.

"Ben, are you sure you're alright?" Joe asks, Rami and Gwilym as worried as him.

The blonde boy was currently laying in the hotel bed, arms wrapped around his stomach as he curled up.

"Yeah," He said faintly, but he clutched his stomach tighter when a cramp hit.

"Ben?" Rami appeared suddenly beside him, and Ben groaned, shutting his eyes. "Ben, are you alright?"

"I don't feel so good," He moans, and Rami sighs, a frown on his face.

"Do you need to puke?" Ben gags, and tries to shake his head, but he pushes his hand against his mouth as Rami pulls him up.

"Joe, you think you can help me?" Joe rushes over to the two, helping Rami pull Ben up and out of the bed. Without even being asked, Gwilym opens the bathroom door and pulls the seat of the toilet up, ready for when Ben finally needs to let it all out.

Joe and Rami get Ben in front of the toilet, and he grips the sides of the toilet, gagging into it. Joe rubs his back, and Rami sits beside him, while Gwilym is on the other side, sitting on the edge of the tub.

"C'mon, Ben, let it all out." Ben starts throwing up after a few minutes, and Joe keeps rubbing his back through the entire time.

"Should we call Brian or Roger or someone?" Gwilym asks, and Rami frowns, shaking his head.

"It'll pass, eventually." Rami cringes at the sound of Ben coughing, and Joe pats his back. "We just have to help him during the entire time."

"I'm down."

"Of course you're down, Joe, you're the one who's rubbing his back!"

"Yeah, but I could just, stop. LIke this."

He moves to list his hand up and move away, but Ben reaches a hand out to him, gripping it. "Don't stop, please." He weakly says, and Joe gives a weak smile, putting his hand back on his back.

"Wouldn't stop helping you for the world."

While he continues rubbing his back, Rami gets up to get a cup of water, and Gwilym follows, grabbing a water bottle for himself.

"Do you truly think he'll be okay soon, though?" Gwilym leans against the counter, and Rami sighs, pulling out his phone.

"Yeah, because at worst it's some stomach virus, and at best, it's food poisoning."

"How is that best, though?"

"Because he can't infect us, duh."

"Dumbass."

"Fucker."

"Guys! He wants to get up!" Joe calls out, and they both hurry to the bathroom, where Ben is currently leaning heavily against the brown haired man.

"Guys, he's kind of already up." Gwilym muttered as he walked over and wrapped an arm around Ben, who smacked him in the face.

"Sorry," The blonde whispered, and Gwilym smiled at him.

"It's alright, don't worry."

"Can I lay on the bed?" He asked, and with a look at Joe, they both started moving, making sure to not jostle Ben much, less he throw up.

"Sure."

Rami pulled the covers back, and soon he was on the bed, laying on the side of it, ready to lean over in case he needed to puke.

"You guys are the greatest." He said, head leaned back against the pillow.

"Nah, we're just average."

The night didn't go without him having to throw up, but it didn't pass horribly, and within the next few days, he was alright, and grateful for his friends.