chapter 3; you are my sunshine

"So, let me get this straight, you guys were trapped in an office building where you were forced to play out a story until you found an escape pod and suddenly ended up here." said Dave almost condescendingly, the Narrator nodded his head nervously, "Well that's less crazy than the shit we've been through" stated Jack "True..." replied Dave, "I guess they can stay here for a while until they figure out what they're gonna do. They can sleep in the spare room we keep for Dee." The Narrator's eyes lit up at this "Thank you so much!" Jack smiled and stood up to show them their room, The Narrator picked up Stanley, who was fast asleep, and carefully followed Jack to the room. The room was kinda small but had a double bed in the centre, there was a closet to the side and afew shelves with pictures displayed on them. "a double bed?" asked the narrator "yeah, you two are a couple aren't you?" The Narrator begins to blush "N-no...maybe, I-I don't know, unless he wants to, I-I-" he continues to mumble to himself until he looks up to see Jack snickering at him "anyway, you guys should get some rest, you've had a long day. I'll be downstairs if you need me." he then happily bounces down the stairs and sits on the sofa next to Dave. The Narrator sighs and walks into the room, placing Stanley down on the bed and covering him up "poor boy, when am I gonna tell him he doesn't have a family..." he sighs before crawling into bed with him and falling asleep.

Stanley once again wakes up in darkness, he feels a cold hand on his shoulder and turns around to see Glados staring into him with her cold blue eyes "Stanley, so good to see you again." she says coldly, "You were wrong! The Narrator does care!" yelled Stanley, Glados just gave him a disdainful look and pushed him onto the ground, stepping on his neck her high heel painfully digging into his skin " You shouldn't yell Stanley, it's incredibly rude."  she then presses down harder, making Stanley grasp at her ankle as he struggles for air. She takes her foot off of his neck and gives him a swift kick to the head before he can do anything. Stanley props himself up with one arm, wiping the blood off his mouth with the other, he looks up to see Glados glaring at him, her cold eyes piercing through him. "It's only a matter of time before you find out the truth about him Stanley but if you come with me now I can save you all that pain" she offers her hand to him but Stanley abruptly slaps it away "I'd never trade him for someone like you" he says bitterly. Now Glados is angry, she picks Stanley up by the neck and looks him in the eyes "You have no idea what you've just done" she growls, she then throws him across the darkness but fortunately the light appears again and Stanley is transported back to the real world.

The Narrator awoke to find something warm pressed against him, he slowly opened his eyes to see Stanley cuddling up to him, shivering and whimpering quietly into his chest that was now wet with tear stains. He never knew he could feel so much pity towards a man, he wrapped his arms around him " do I really like him?" he asks himself as he pets Stanley's hair trying to calm him down. After a short while Stanley had fully calmed down and was sleeping peacefully in the Narrator's arms, the Narrator was no longer uncomfortable and began to enjoy this new experience, Stanley shifted up and nuzzled into the Narrator's neck, making the man blush. Finally the Narrator falls back to sleep until the morning.

When Stanley finally opened his eyes he was greeted by the Narrator's chest firmly pressed against his, and a pair of warm arms wrapped around him, suddenly the Narrator began to wake up "Good morning Narrator!" said Stanley tiredly, the Narrator looks down at him and begins to blush, Stanley giggles and shuffles over to the edge of the bed to try and get up "S-Stanley! let me help you!" he stuttered before jumping out of the bed and rushing over to Stanley's side "I think I may have triggered his mom mode" Stanley thought to himself before putting his arm around the Narrator's back and standing up. They then made their way downstairs where Dave was making breakfast and Jack was petting the dog in the living room, Stanley limped over to the sofa and sat down next to Jack, the Narrator then sat down next to Stanley "Good morning" beamed Jack, "Morning! who's this little guy?" asked Stanley, the dog perked up and walked over to Stanley placing two paws on his leg and looking up at him " you can call me Blackjack" smirked the dog , Stanley just stared wide-eyed in shock "it's nice to meet you..." he finally replied, Blackjack just laughed and went back to Jack, curling up in his lap. The Narrator just didn't question anything and went into the kitchen to grab his and Stanley's food, everyone just had a normal breakfast, well except for Dave, he had a plate of kebabs. 

After everyone had finished they washed up their plates and Jack handed Stanley and the Narrator some clothes " you two can use the shower upstairs. Me and Dave have gotta go to work, you two can come with us if you like." Stanley's eyes lit up at the idea " Yeah sure! we need to search for my family and it would be a good place to start!" a wave of guilt passed over the Narrator as Stanley said this but didn't show it as Stanley smiled and grabbed his arm. They both made their way to the stairs, carefully climbing up them and heading towards the bathroom. 

After their showers they got dressed and made their way downstairs to where Jack and Dave were waiting for them. They head outside to see a purple car sitting in the driveway, they all get in and begin driving into town, Stanley and the Narrator sat in the back whilst Jack and Dave were infront. As they drove down the long winding road, Stanley looked out of the window in amazement, he'd completely forgotten how beautiful the real world could be, all of the spring flowers and animals casually grazing in the fields, back in the office he would've given anything just to see this. For the first time in years, Stanley was happy...

 For the first time in years, Stanley was happy