Something seems fishy

I cant sleep no matter how hard I try, every time I close my eyes I can only think of whats happening to Michelle. Before she left I already felt like something bad was gonna happen to her and I didn't do anything to help. She has been gone for over 2 hours talking doesn't take over 2 hours to do especially if its something that we don't need to worry about. I know I just met Michelle but I like to think that I'm a caring person and she has been gone for to long. What if she is like a murderer and she just now got caught, no that cant be it she seems to innocent to kill someone.

What if she and commander are having a secret relationship, no she doesn't seem like the type to like older men. She could've just gotten in trouble and had to go to the higher ups for her punishment, no I don't think she would get in that much trouble. To go to the higher ups you have to do some seriously bad things I mean like kill someone bad things. I don't think that she would do that she seems nice, caring, shes pretty, I could get lost in her eyes, shes so-. 'creek' I look up the door opened interrupting my thoughts, its probably for the best I shouldn't think about one of my comrades like that. 

I tear myself from my thoughts and watch Michelle come in without making any noise. Michelle looked around the room to make sure everyone was sleeping, she didn't spot me peeking from my bed. I heard a little bit of squeaking when ever she started to climb into the bed above me. 'poof' I assume that was her laying down in her bed. I still feel uneasy about how long she was gone for and that face commander made he couldn't have been doing anything good.

I know that shes back now but I cant shake that feeling this just seems fishy. I lay in bed for about half an hour when I start to hear sniffles and muffled cries. I don't know why I'm doing this but I feel like I need to comfort her even though I don't know her that well. I go to get up, no she isn't my problem I don't need to comfort her, her crying isn't my problem. I just I feel like I need to help her, I feel like I need to be there for her. 

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna comfort her I don't care if we just met I feel like its the right thing to do.  I get up and tap her on the arm, she looks up at me, her eyes are blood shot, her face is all red, and there are tears running down her face. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you" she whispered. "You didn't wake me I was already awake when you came in, you wanna talk about why you are crying outside" I whispered back to her. she nodded her head and started climbing down the ladder to get off her bed. We walked over to the door, opened it, and went outside.

Authors Note
Thanks to everyone who is reading my story all the positive comments have been nice.  I don't ever show my stories so this is a nice response for my first time ever doing this. Please make sure to make any suggestions for things I can fix in future. I would love you guys to tell me what you think of how the story is going so far. Try and share it with a friend so I can get more comments and suggestions. I'm going to try uploading every week but I'm sorry if it takes me longer than that. I have lots of things that I do outside of writing like I go to school almost everyday. Now just because of all of this it might take me longer to update but I wanna update weekly. That's all I have to say for now bye