Show Time | Chpt 7

Idk why but I feel like I haven't written this story in forever.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"And I just wanted to say you helped me through tough times, so thank you for making videos," a girl named Amelia thanked and hugged me again. She disappeared behind the curtain and the guard cued for my departure.

I felt a beautiful smile on my face after meeting so many people that enjoyed my content. The idea of being able to reach so many people like that made my heart race. I put all my gifts in a box, leaving it in a back room, sealed and safe. I shot Avery a text, heading towards the end of the hall.

I felt a new strain of butterflies in my stomach at the thought of having to go up on stage. I had little to no idea what I would be talking about or if people would be asking questions, and nerves tingled in my chest and arms.

"Hey!"

I turned and spotted that Avery was with Dan and Phil.

"How was the first meet and greet dude?!" Avery asked, crashing into me and I let out an awkward laugh.

"It was amazing, where were you?"

"Well I walked around for a while and just ran into these guys," she said. I noticed there was a date peeking out from the collar of her shirt. I grinned and glanced at the boys. I caught eyes with Phil who smiled back. "I think I'm going to head back there! Text me when to head over to the show!"

"Yeah I need to find Henry, he got off work early, you guys have fun," Dan said, winking at the both of us, and disappeared. I glanced at Phil who wore a soft blush.

"What do you want to do?"

"We can hang around the lounge?" He suggested and I nodded. We walked down a long stretch of concrete hallway, mostly in silence.

"What made you start YouTube?" He asked suddenly and I paused.

"Well I saw people like you doing such cool things in front of a camera like that, and I decided I might as well try it. I never expected to fall in love with it so easily and I definitely didn't expect so many people to like it." He smiled at me, and we talked more about videos.

"We should totally collab! I'd love to be your first," he said, sinking into the couch.

"Yes, take my collaboration virginity," I joked and he laughed, his face gone red.

"Why haven't you?"

"I don't know, I've always sort of had this idea that since I was 'new' to the game or whatever, that people wouldn't want to collab with me, or didn't know who I was."

"Well I can guarantee that I at least know who you are and have wanted to collab forever."

"Why didn't you message me?" He paused.

"That is a good question, that I don't have the answer to," he said. I nodded, watching the door. "I think everyone is going to relax and swim tonight, you coming?"

"Oh, sure, I'd love to!"

"Awesome, I'll meet you at your room before and we can walk down together." I smiled. He genuinely wanted to be my friend.

"When I decided on coming this year, I never expect that we would become friends, I mean, if you think we're friends and everything."

"Yes, friends."

"Yeah, I never expected that to happen."

"Honestly I never thought you would want to be my friend either. You're nicer in real life."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah I knew you were nice, but I had a feeling you just wouldn't want to collab or be friends."

"I guess this convention is just full of surprises."

It went quiet for a moment until Dan popped his head in the room.

"You want to head to the stage guys?" Dan suggested and I nodded.

"What is this show anyways?"

"Basically challenges," Phil replied.

"Like what?"

"Like touch my body, what's in my mouth, whisper challenge. Stuff like that, and we might answer questions I'm not sure," Phil elaborated and I nodded. There was a steep step into backstage from where we were, and Dan stepped up first, and Phil stepped up with ease after him, holding out a hand to me. I gripped it warmly, taking a step up while he gripped me securely.

"Thank you," I said, letting go of his hand with a static shock. We walked back to a small group of YouTubers, some sprawled out on the floor or in chairs, while others sunk lazily into a hip of their choice.

I recognized most of them, either from dinner last night or on YouTuber and I took a head count.

Zoe, Joe, Alfie, Casper, Louise, Hazel, Tom(Tomska), Dan, Phil, and Me.

Dan went over to greet Tom, and we slid into the group casually. We all chatted, until workers around us started flitting about, getting things ready and we could hear the soft buzz of people outside. I texted Avery and grew visibly nervous and I felt Zoe place an arm around my shoulders.

"You got this girl, don't worry about it."

"Show time people!"

Show time.