Chapter 1

I absentmindedly walk down the sidewalk on my way back home. I know I really should call a taxi or something, but I just feel lazy, and the breeze does feel good on my skin.

I yawn, and check the time on my watch. 2:30 am. I really am a "night owl," as my friends call me. Definitely not a morning person.

I round the block and spot my house. My straight posture relaxes into a slouch. Everyone knows me around here, and I don't need to be formal, like during school or in the Dojo. My eye catches a bit of light in the Rogers' house, and instantly I know they're watching their favorite show, as usual.

I know this street so well, I bet I could walk it blind. Not that I would actually try that, but I'm pretty sure I could.

I stop in front of my house and take my keys out of my pocket. I unlock the door and enter the shoes/coats area. I take off my shoes, and since it's spring (April 5th, to be exact) I'm not wearing a coat. I turn to my other door, this one with a 4-digit code for extra security. I type in the code, open the door, and freeze.

A man is in my living room.

No, I'm not joking. He's actually just lying on my couch in what seems to be a very comfortable sleep. Slowly, I inch over to my kitchen, where I grab the sharpest knife I can manage from the counter without making too much noise.

I creep back to the man and, after taking a deep breath, tap him on the shoulder.

"Huh?" he asks groggily.

I point my knife at him. "What are you doing in my house?" I half-whisper, unable of managing anything louder than that.

"Oh, you know..." He carefully sits up, holding his hands in the air. Then he smirks. "Just being a distraction."

I gasp and whip around, but my reaction is too late. A different man tackles me to the ground, ripping my knife out of my grip and tossing it across the floor.

Think karate think karate think karate... I mean, I haven't been studying karate for 5 years for nothing!

Quick as a whip, I slip my leg under him and trip him, and at the same time I jump on top of him. "What are you doing in my house?" I yell, smashing his face into the floor.

He doesn't answer, and I suddenly remember the other man on my couch. I throw a mean punch into the back of the defeated man's head, hopefully knocking him out, and turn back to the couch.

But the man isn't there.

I walk over to my knife and pick it up again. I mean, if someone breaks into your house, trying to kill you or something, and you have a weapon, then you should probably use it, right?

Suddenly a blow hits the back of my head, and I stagger forward, smashing into the side of my couch.

Ugh, now I'm going to hate my couch forever.

My knife once again flies from my hand. The world starts spinning, and I fight to keep my grip on consciousness.

"What a tricky one," the man that was on my couch chuckles. "Even managed to take Jeff out. Ah, but she might still be awake. Better take care of that..." I hear the sound of a zipper being opened, and suddenly I connect the dots. Not that there are many.

These people are trying to kidnap me!

I struggle to get up, but a heavy weight crushes me back to the floor. "Night night, sister," the man growls, then plunges a syringe into my arm, where most shots usually go. At least I think it's a syringe. I'm kinda losing my grip on reality here.

However, before the world goes black, I hear something else... The man speaking...

"Specimen 2946, in the athletic group, has been captured and immobilized. Sending her to Area 51 now."

Upon Flights of Fantasy (an Upon Wings of Change story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara