Fantasies

A/N: This will be a short story. I have 2 new story ideas . Happy Reading. Peace & Blessings 💛

Reign
I made my way back to my apartment building to find my neighbor & best friend, Tyler, standing at my door.

"The next time I come over & you not here, that's yo ass."

"Tyler shut up." I giggled laughing at his silliness and walking in the door, not bothering to close it behind me. I knew he was gonna be hot on my tail.

He looked around the apartment and sniffed around.

"Uh, just a question, and please, take ya time on this answer. Why ain't no food cooking on the stove?"

"You got 2 hands, I'm sure you know how to cook sir."
"Yeah but I want you to cook it. It tastes better"

"Nah you just tired of hot pockets and noodles." I stared while rolling my eyes.

"Life of a single man baby !"
"Ok single man. Learn how to cook." I muttered.
"Why it take you so long just to go check the mail anyway? You selling drugs?" He asked while squinting his eyes, looking at me.
"No fool. Retarded ass. I saw a homeless guy standing at the entrance near the mailboxes and I was conversing with him."

"Lord Reign DO NOT tell me you offered this man, a complete stranger that you do not know, to come to your home and live here?" Tyler shouted.

"Not live. But just to wash  and get a shower. It won't hurt to be compassionate sometimes Tyler."

"It's one thing being compassionate. I know you are because you have a very big heart. But baby you gotta be careful. People see women like you and take full advantage. Ok?"

"Ok. I guess you're right." I mumbled
"Shit I know I am. Now get started on that baked spaghetti and garlic bread. Hurry up. A nigga hungry." He shouted, sitting on my sofa, placing his feet on my coffee table and turning the tv on.

I knocked his feet off my table and proceeded towards the kitchen.
Dumb-ass. I thought.

I covered the spaghetti with cheese and stuck it in the oven along with the garlic bread. I walked into the living room to Martin & Pam arguing on my tv screen.

"Tyler?"
"Hm?" He responded not once taking his eyes off the television.

"Can we watch something else?"
His head snapped up.

"WATCH SOMETHING ELSEEEE?!"
I did not have time for this man and his antics so I just sat on the couch beside him. I laid my head on his shoulder.

Times like this I enjoyed. Tyler has been my best friend since 5th grade. He was my date to 8th and senior prom, my diary, my brother, my protector. Really the only friend I've ever had and he never once betrayed me. We tried dating once in high school but it never really worked out. So we just vowed to remain best friends.

"Juju. Juuuuuuu" Tyler drug my childhood nickname out.

"Hm?"

"Let me get up so I can take the food out the stove."

"Oh shit. I'll do it."

"Nah sit down juju. You always up doing some shit. Relax ya self mama. I got it."

"Okay." I sat back on the couch getting comfortable. Next thing I knew, I woke up with my favorite movie, The Best Man, playing on the tv. The lights were off and it was dark outside. I picked up my phone off of the coffee table. 6:30.

I hate this time. It gets dark so quick. I opened my messages to see I had 5 messages.
Ty 💛☺️: I left ya plate in the microwave. I had to go in to work. Text me when you wake up.

Mommy 🇯🇲💚: Hello daughter of mine. Just checking on you to see if you still alive or better yet 🗣FOUND A MAN. Love you. Call me later.

Work 🙄💵🤮: Hey Reign. We need you to come in tomorrow morning at 7. Thanks

Daddy 💪🏾🧔🏾: Hey Juju. Daddy just checking on ya. Cause ya damn mama won't leave me alone about ya. Call her so she can shut the fuck up. Thanks in advance.

Cousin Passion 🤦🏾‍♀️👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽: Aye cous. You can babysit my kids tomar?

Looking at that last text from my cousin, I groaned. I love my little cousins but 5 kids? That's too much. I gotta work anyway. I texted her back.

Depends on what time. I gotta work tomorrow.

Cousin Passion 🤦🏾‍♀️👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽👶🏽: At night. I got sum'n ta handle.

Passion isn't exactly the most  responsible mother she needs to be. She would rather party and kick it than be with her kids. I texted her back and said ok then responded back to everyone else.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed my plate. After I ate I washed my dishes with bleach , hot water & soap. Then proceeded to lock up & go down the hall to shower & lay down.

I cut my room light on and grabbed some short shorts & a t shirt. I looked out the window and saw the homeless guy from earlier. We made eye contact.

'Lord please don't make me have to kill this man' I prayed. He walked away and I hurriedly closed my blinds and turned my light off to go shower.