Chapter 5: Potions Class

Green? My hair is green? It’s never turned that color before. I touch my hair, taking a strand of it and looking at it, sure enough, it’s a lime colored green. I shake my head, making it turn back to blonde.

“Someones a bit envious, eh?” Cedric says.

“What? No. No I’m not jealous. I have nothing to be jealous of.” I say, quickly. I watch as Fred and George leave the Great Hall.

“I can walk you to the dungeons if you want me to.” Cedric says, glancing at the twins leaving.

I nod. “Yeah, that would be nice.”

He puts a hand on my back and leads me out of the Great Hall. This is the first year that Fred and George haven’t walked me to the dungeons after the first meal at Hogwarts. I begin to feel scared and alone, even though Cedric is right next to me. I don’t have that overwhelming sense of warmth that I normally get when I’m here. And of course, with my emotions comes changing hair colors. It's now dark blue and Cedric looks at me.

“Are you okay?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lie.

We walk in silence to the dungeons and he stops at the entrance into the Slytherin common room.

“We'll go to Hogsmeade this weekend, okay? We'll have a good time.” He smiles.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.” I say.

“Have a good first day of classes.” He says turning and walking away.

I smile and go into the common room. I see Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and Zabini all sitting on the two couches. They glance at me with a mean look as I pass them.

“Not out partying with your blood traitor friends?” Draco says, taunting me.

I pause and turn around and look at him.

“Obviously not.” I say, matter-of-factly.

“You know you wouldve been dead if they didn’t show up at the quidditch cup.” He sneers.

“Draco, let’s stop this little dance we're doing. It wouldn’t have mattered if they showed up or not. I can handle you.” I say, Draco stands up and walks closer to me.

“A filthy mudblood like you cant handle me. Someone like you deserves to be dead. There isnt blood running through your veins, it's dirt.” He glares at me and without thinking, I punch him in the face, my hair red as ever with anger.

He yells in pain and staggers backwards, I smirk as his friends rush to his side, he pushes them away. And I shouldve seen it coming, well, I expected something else, so it took me by surprise but Draco punches me in the face and I stagger backwards and glare at him.

“How dare you touch me, mudblood!” he spits at me. “Yeah, don’t got your blood traitor friends to help you huh? They cant save you in here.” He begins to laugh and stepping closer to me, hes inches from me.

“listen, Malfoy, if you really wanted me dead, I wouldn’t be here.”

He stares at me and I stare at him for what seems like an eternity. Let’s face it, I’m right. Malfoy doesn’t have the guts to kill me. Everyone here knows it. He backs away slightly and I head up to the dorms.

I walk into the dorms and find my trunk up against my bed. I open it and change into pajama pants and a sweatshirt, I see George's scarf and hide at the bottom of the trunk before shutting it. I get into bed and stare at the ceiling.

I hit Malfoy in the face, something I thought I’d never get to do. Something snapped in me, I normally just don’t care if he calls me a mudblood. Call me that all you want. It doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is that my entire house wants me dead. At least most of them do.