Coming To Life

For my first piece in this book, I am posting my art piece for a contest I entered called VASE (Visual Art Scholastic Event) and it's a very difficult thing to make. Basically you make a piece, drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.. anything artistic and get an interview over everything in the image you created and what it means. Then the people who get a 4 (perfect score) qualify for State. I indeed qualified, but didn't make it to state. But it's ok, it's only my first year doing VASE, so I'm proud I made it this far. The image on the cover of this book is the medal I got for my piece.

As most of you know, I was mostly self taught throughout my life in art

As most of you know, I was mostly self taught throughout my life in art. Finally here in HS I took art since the teacher here is much more respectful and kind than the one that was at the Junior High.
So the meaning here is a little deep. And that's the thing my judge said she loved most. So the pencil, notebook, and ring represent distractions in life. Stress, school, relationships, etc.. the mannequins represent art, and how it can come to life through inspiration and effort. The sun and moon represent the balance between light and joy, and darkness and difficulty. The glitter line through the middle represents how no matter the pain and struggles we go through, the light will shine through and take over.