Meeting the Mer

(The picture above is Lucas, With longer hair)

Shiro

I stared at Seiji as he did his paperwork. I was still flabbergasted at what he said. We're gonna meet a mer?!

Although I was slightly nervous, I felt excitement at the thought of seeing a real life mer. I wonder what they look like?

I grabbed the book I was reading and started to read the next part about the mers.

Mers were mysterious and powerful. Water was their domain. If I could learn some techniques from them, My level would go up!

There was 7 Levels for mages and Warriors/Knights .

Green. Grey. White. Yellow. Red. Violet. Gold

Black was for Novices and Yellow to Gold were experts. However, It was extremely hard to reach Violet. Gold was something you wouldn't see for your whole life. But the headmaster of the Weissman Academy was an exception. He was Level Gold. He was rarely seen.

I didn't have any level since all of my experience were from fighting with other experiments and my power was different.

If I could learn how to use all of my core, How strong would I be? I giggled at the thought. I'll just wait and see. Haste is waste!

Ah, I'm getting off the topic.

"When is he coming over?"

"Most likely tomorrow."

"That's fast."

"Their kind is declining, Of course he'll hurry to go."

"Hmm."

That makes sense. If I can use water based spells then I could be at ease when in the ocean. I could hardly wait.

Time Skip

After the two had finished their business. They went out to get dinner and Seiji made Shiro sleep. Stating that tomorrow would be a busy day.

Shiro lies in his bed. He was unable to sleep. Back at the lab, He was used to sleeping in a cold mattress so he felt that the bed was too soft for his liking. Groaning, he twisted and turn. It was really hard to fall asleep.

Giving up on the soft bed, he sat up and got put of it. It was no use forcing himself. He went to the window and opened it. There was actually a balcony that he liked.

Taking a deep breath, he stared at the twinkling stars. He remembered that he would often dream about seeing the stars and the moon. Now that he was able to, there was a strange emotion in his heart.

He gently traced one of his scars. Would they ever heal? He wishes it would but at the same time it won't. He wants to keep it as a mark of his sufferings.

So I would never forget

I will engrave this pain inside my heart

Never letting it go

As a proof that I survived

A memory suddenly resurfaced inside his mind. It was an old memory of when he was a small child. He faintly remember his father telling him a story, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember what story.

Did he knew?

Was what he asked a thousand times but received not a single answer. He hoped that he didn't. His father was a righteous man. Always fighting against the wrong and protecting others.

He had wanted to be like that when he grew up. To be as strong and kind, to be able to help when needed. But he was chained before he could reach it. He let out a dry chuckle.