03.07.2010
Dear diary,
Is it strange to have a diary at my age? Do not normally only children have diaries? No matter! Who cares about it. You are not like a diary. You are more like my memoir when I'm a famous actress like Julia Fiona Roberts. And when I don't call you diary, you are no diary! I could call you Ben. So hello Ben, I'm Maria Prentiss and today is my 16th birthday.

14.04.2084
Hello Ben, today it isn't Maria. I'm Abbey Reid. I'm Maria Prentiss's great-granddaughter. These days are very hard for me. That's why I'm talking to you. I have had a really close relationship to my great-grandma. And now she's dead. From one day to the other she is simply gone, leaving me alone here. Alone on this broken planet. With all these broken people on it. I really miss her! She has always been there for me. She lived for her family and didn't pay any attention to herself and her dreams. She loved us the most and seemed like the happiest person. She inherited you to me, so I could find out about her childhood dream, being an actress, she had given up for her family without regretting anything. She would have known what I have to do now! For three years we have been stuck in Fourth World War. Just like you know Great-Granny-Maria survived the Third World War in 2030-2035. I have read a lot about her situation, her thoughts and fears. But it doesn't help me now. The technology is so much more advanced than in the 2030s. Tomorrow is an examination. In this examination should be selected kind of an administrator. There is a technology in which the brains of normal human are connected to machines and their bodies swim in big glass containers with green substance. But one has to remain to revive the others when the war ended. What do you think Ben? What should I do? What would Great-Granny-Maria do? I want to do the right thing! I want to make her proud! Should I apply to do this job?

21.04.2084
Hi Ben,
It's Abby again. I have applied for the administrator job. And I have got it. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. All people who don't have to fight come to this place. Tomorrow is the day Ben. I'm afraid. Please help me. Im honing to be alone. And my family will be in this glass containers. You will be the only one being with me in the bunker we hide in. Please Ben, give me the strength of Great-Granny-Maria. I don't know how to endure it.

05.12.2085
Hola Ben, being bored, I have started to learn Spanish. Cool, huh? What about you? How are you? I'm not fine! I have been alone for more than one year. The only reason, I know that there are soldiers still alive, is that I hear the war. I hear the shots, the bombs, the tanks, and the plains. I wonder how many soldiers are still alive. For how long can the governments fight each other. How long can the misery last?

10.01.2088
Good evening Ben, today was a horrible day! Everything was quiet. No shots, bombs or anything. It was spooky. Is it sad to say it's spooky without noises of war, Ben? Yes, I think so! But the really horrible thing was, that I saw my family the first time, since they are in the container. I was afraid of seeing them, but today I did it. I cried. I can't stand this situation any longer! If there is a God somewhere: please end this. Please end my suffering, no matter how!

23.06.2091
Bonjour Ben,
maybe you can already guess? I'm learning French. I have so much free time. I don't know what to do. In the meantime it's normal to see the corpse of my family. I talk to them every day. I firmly believe that the war will stop soon and they will be able to respond again. I'm waiting eagerly for this day. I know that this day will come. There are not as many fighting-sounds as before.

31.10.2093
Hi Ben, I have thought about a new hobby to kill the time and maybe I could tinker. What do you think? Me as a robot engineer. Or I could built a little car? The ones children play with. Yes, I like the idea.

02.05.2099
Salve Ben,
And yes you're right. I'm learning Latin too. Always dining the same is so boring. I need a challenge! I'm going to build a big bomb. Yes that's what I'm going to do. I need to protect us from the war outside, right?

19.08.2100
Hi Ben,
there have been less and less shots lately. The whole last week there were no noises. Nothing! I think I'm going to go outside and have a look.

20.08.2100
Hello Ben,
I'm sorry that I haven't told you the result of my trip yesterday. But I think, I'm still in a state of shock. Outside there is nothing. Literally nothing! No buildings, no trees, no animals, not even noises. There is just debris and dust. I could barely see and breathe. It was so dismal and hopeless. I doubt that any human being can survive there. I walked to the river near the bunker. Nothing. No water in it. If I didn't know that there was a river once upon a time, I wouldn't believe it.
Today it is my birthday. I'm 40 years old now. The whole day I have sparked on many frequencies, but noone answered. I think there is noone alive. They have killed each other, no exception.
What have we human beings done to our planet? Could the planet recover again? Could our planet survive this, Ben? What do you think? I think maybe it could! But definitely not with humans on it. I should end this suffering! I still got that bomb. I don't need it anymore to protect us from soldiers, because there are none. I just have to push the button. It would be just one click and our planet would have the chance to survive the epidemic called "human beings".
I just have to click it.
Okay, Ben. I'll do it.
3
2
1
CLICK