1 | How You Meet

Sherlock -

You circled the dead body, trying to find out how the heck the woman was murdered. Anderson kept saying something about how it was suicide. It wasn't. Based on the position of the body and the blood splatter, there was no way it could have been murder. The blood spatter was in the wall in front of the woman, and she fell back, and since she was shot in the side of the head, either someone moved her body or she was murdered. There was no doubt.

Just then, a cab pulls up. Out gets a tall man with dark messy curls and the most mesmerizing eyes you'd ever seen. He walked towards the crime scene--towards you-and beside him walked a shorter man.

Donovan-you think that was her name, you are new to the department and don't quite know everyone-stops the two at the line of police tape. She says something, and you can't hear her, but judging by her facial expression it was snarky. The tall man fires back with something, to which his companion smiles and Donovan looks appalled.

The man walks over you, Anderson, and Lestrade. He stares at you for a moment before accurately describing you. You cast Lestrade a confused look.

He responds with, "Yeah, he's always like that. Sherlock, (Y/N). (Y/N), Sherlock."

John -

Sherlock Holmes was no doubt one of your favorite people in the world. After all, he did help get your cousin out of prison when he was taken as a prisoner of war. You wouldn't call him a friend. Well, scratch that. You would call him a friend, but then he would say some self-depreciating thing like "I don't have friends." By no means would he call you a friend, though.

Still, that didn't stop you from stopping by his flat from time-to-time. You always had little riddles come to you in the middle of the night while you were trying to drift to sleep. You knew Sherlock enjoyed these things, and telling him these things to suffice his hunger for a puzzle was the least you could do to repay him for saving your cousin.

You knocked on the door of 221B, your newest brain-teaser in mind. Instead, a man with silver hair and blue eyes answered. You assumed it was one of his clients, and looked behind the man to Sherlock.

"Sorry. If you're with a client, I'll leave you to it."

"No. I'm not. This is my new flat mate, Doctor John Watson. John, this is (Y/N)."

"Lovely to meet you, (Y/N)."

Moriarty -

Let's just say that when Moriarty sees something he wants, he gets it. Even if that thing happens to be a someone...and that someone happens to be you.

You were walking down the street, when a man with brown hair and brown eyes bumps into you. He smiled, turning around.

"Apologies, love. Didn't mean to."

"Your fine." You smiled back.

"Uh, actually, how about I give you my number and we can chat later, yeah?"

"Sure."

Mycroft -

Mycroft had to keep an eye on you. A close relative of yours was being accused of being a terrorist, and since Mycroft is basically the British government, he also made the choice to keep an eye on anyone close to the suspected terrorist and you happened to fall under that category.

He researched you, found your favorite places to hang out. He made sure that he was there when you were there. Eventually, you noticed this, but you didn't think much of it. You thought it was simply a coincidence.

You approached the man with a friendly smile. "Hi." You said cheerfully.

"Hello." He said.

"My name's (Y/N). I've seen you a few times today and figured I might as well introduce myself."

Lestrade -

Witnessing a murder is something no one can ever forget. You see it on TV, and the actors act scared, and you think 'oh it must be awful.' But to actually see it. To see the blood puddle up in someone's mouth, to see them choke on it, and to look down at the knife sticking out of their chest, it's horrible. You remembering watching the life leave the old woman's eyes.

As the scene repeated in your head, you heard footsteps. You sat in the back of the ambulance, unharmed with a shock blanket wrapped around you. You couldn't help but feel guilty. You should have done something to stop the man.

"Hi, I'm Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade. You're (Y/N) (Y/L/N), right?"

"Right."

"I'm gonna have to ask you a few questions about what happened tonight, is that ok?"