Part XXII

JOHNNY POV

*****

I felt Vixens head sink slightly. She passed out. I was a sobbing mess. I looked over at Dally who was trying to fight back tears.

I had never seen him cry before and it scared me to see him like that. I've looked up to him my whole life and here he was, crying.

The ambulance pulled up a few minutes later and the paramedics jumped out with a gurney and we cleared away from Vixen.

"Who'll be riding?" One asks. I look at Dally seeing if he was going to volunteer. He just looked away from her.

"I'll go." The Guy looks skeptical but let's me in the back anyways. We had to get there quick.

"Y'all meet us there." I say before the doors are shut.

I sit beside Vixen in a chair. She looked so... dead... laying there. She was paler than usual. Her hair was splayed out everywhere.

The knife was still in her stomach and she was bleeding a lot. I started crying.

"God. This is all my fault. Why did he have to move you out of the way." I sobbed looking down at her.

She must be in so much pain.

I leaned my head beside her and cried. I never knew what it felt like to loose someone you truly cared about.

Sure I technically lost my parents but all they ever did was yell at or beat me. I stopped caring for them.

I felt us going over a few bumps and soon the doors were swung open letting in a flood of light.

The paramedics along with nurses and doctors lifted Vixens gurney out and wheeled her inside immediately.

I stayed back in the truck with my head in my hands.

Soon the gang was here and they saw me.

"Johnny did they take her in?" Soda asks. I nod slowly not looking up.

"Hey man. She'll be alright. She's tough. She lived with that bastard for 15 years." Dally says. I could hear where he had been crying. His voice was hoarse.

"How do you know that. It's all my fault she's in there." I sobbed.

"Hey man. It ain't your fault. It's my dads. And I will make it my mission to find that bastard." Dally whispers in my ear.

"Let's get inside." Darry tells us.

Dally helps me out of the truck and we make our way inside. We go up to the lady at the front desk.

"Are you all here for the girl who was brought in a few minutes ago?"

"Yeah. I'm her brother." Dally steps up. The lady's eyes widen.

"Uh name." She asks.

"Vixen Winston. Can you tell us how she is?" Dally asks.

"Well they took her back to surgery. Could be a few hours until she's taken to ICU." The nurse confirms.

"You can't get any more details?" Dally demands. He was close to slamming his fists on the table I could tell.

"I'm sorry I can't. You can wait in the waiting room I'll call you when she's out." The nurse says.

I pull Dally away from the counter and walk us over to the waiting area. We sit down and I lean my head back.

I can't believe she's hurt because of me.

I look over at Dally and he was fighting off tears once again.

"She'll be alright." I said using his words from earlier.

"Yeah..." he trails off. Suddenly his eyes scan over to the door. I follow. There walking in with a big ass grin on his face, was Vixens dad.

Dally clenched his jaw and stands up. I gulped. Not really looking forward to what was gonna happen. Dally looked pissed.

And judging by the damage done, I don't think any of these doctors would be able to pull him away.

*****

DALLY POV

*****

I stood up when that bastard walked in. I noticed the gangs eyes on me but I didn't care.

The old man walked up to the front desk and I walked up to him.

"I'm Vixen Winston's father. Any update about her condition?"

"Don't tell him that! This bastard is the reason she's in here!" I yell. I caught the attention of others around me.

The old man turned around and looked at me. He looked sickeningly happy.

"Hello son." He said in an oddly cheerful voice.

"You don't have the fucking right to call me that anymore. You are the fucking reason why my baby sister is in here!"

"Technically your friend there is the one who threw the knife." He points over at Johnny and everyone in the waiting room turns to look to him. He looks down blushing.

Suddenly I grab him by the collar and pushed him against the counter. Yes he's my dad but I was taller and angry.

"Don't blame this on Johnny. He was doing the right thing. You moved her." I whispered.

"Sir please get off of him." A nurse tells me.

"Shut up!" I screamed at her. She slinked back and watched horrified. I looked back at my dad who was smirking.

"Go on son hit me." He says.

"You deserve to rot in hell for treating us the way you did." I told him.

"You chose to leave your sister with me."

"I didn't have a choice. You threatened to kill her like you did mom if I took her with me." I said. A tear spilt from my eye and I cursed at myself.

"Clearly you cared more about yourself then you did Vixen."

"Shut up!" I yelled slamming him hard into the counter. It knock the breath out of him but he keeps smiling like a mad man.

"Hit me son." He tells me. I look over at the gang and everyone in the room watching intently.

"Someone call the cops before I kill this man myself!" I yell. A nurse quickly picks up the phone and dials telling the cops to come.

"Wheres the Dallas I know? He would always wanna take a hit at me."

"Because if I do then I go to jail and I can't do that to Vixen."

I kept him pinned down however even though the nurses called the cops. I wasn't going to let him go anywhere.