Chapter One Part One: Follow Me

Alyssa Michaels was covered in blood from head to toe. Dehydrated. Nowhere to go. She has no family or friends left. They were all dead.. Except her. Reapers still behind her back after all this time. She thought they would be gone by now. There was drops of blood trailing behind her from a wound. No, she is not infected. Just a cut from car wreckage.She kept limping down the road. She wanted to scream for help but the dryness in her throat kept her from screaming. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to face the Reapers.

She pulled out my knife and was ready for whatever came before her. A female Reaper came stumbling toward her. Alyssa raised her arm and plunged her knife into the side of her head, hitting the brain. Another Reaper stumbled toward her, grabbing onto her arm until she jabbed her knife into the top of its head. She had trouble getting the knife out of its head, as Reapers were closing in on her. She set the knife free and slashed any Reaper that came her way. She managed to defeat them and fell to the ground.

She looked up at the sky in exhaustion as four Reapers were coming her way. She doesn't think she has the strength to take them on so she did what she could do best. Walk away. As soon as she started to walk away, she tumbled to the ground. She started to crawl as the four Reapers were gaining on her. They came closer. She thought it was the end for her. She had a tear dripping down her face and closed her eyes. One of the Reapers fell onto her but she held the Reapers against her foot. The Reaper biting on her boots. She then pushes the Reaper with her feet. She grabs her knife and pushes the Reaper against a building, plunging the knife into its throat as the blood splatters onto her. She stabs the Reaper into its head several times over and over again. Now covered in blood, she begins to fight off the Reapers. One by one, she takes them down.

Alyssa is walking down a road with a group of Reapers. She blended in with the Reapers due to her scent. Her knife at the ready just in case they notice her. A group of survivors drive toward the Reapers and Alyssa. They exit their vehicles and shoot down the Reapers until Alyssa is the last one standing.

"Shit. How is that thing still standing?" A female member asks.

"I got it," A member says, revealing the member as a man with shades, blonde hair and a trimmed beardl. The man whips out his knife but Alyssa is quick enough to pull her knife on him, making the group members raise their guns.

"Fuck. She's human," The woman exclaims.

"What do we do?" A man asks. He is skinnier than the rest of the members.

"I got a clear shot. Want me to take her out, boss?" A Hispanic man asks. He looks as if he was a military man.

"Easy there, Pablo. I got this. What's your name, miss?" The man asks.

"None of your damn business," Alyssa speaks.

"It's okay. My name is Dante. If you just put the knife down, we can take you back to our camp. We're good people. I promise you. Our camp is safe. What do you say?" The man says.

Alyssa lowers her knife and slips it back into her belt. "Okay. Show me and you better not be lying or I will kill every last one of you,"

"Okay but first, what's your name?"

"Alyssa. Alyssa Michaels."

"Okay, Alyssa. Follow me."