twenty three

"I like your scent."

It was quiet for a second. It seems like he didn't expect me to say that.

"That's all you wanted to say?"

"Yes," I muttered, looking away. "Can you... let go of my hand now?"

Junkyu let go of my hand and said, "I'll accompany you home. But first, I wanted to bring you somewhere. It's one of my secret places."

Wait, what? What if it's a trap? What if he brought other girls there, made them smell a perfume that could make them sleep, does something to them and then threatened them to be his girlfriend?

Oh no! Just thinking about it gave me goosebumps. Where is he taking me? God, please guide me!

I can already feel the light gentle wind. Just like what I expected, he brought me to the seaside.

"The sea is greeting you!" Junkyu said excitingly.

"Huh? How do you say so?"

"Look, it waves!"

I didn't laugh. Instead, I let out a smile. It's not because of his joke but I found it cute when he said that.

We sat on the grass while admiring the view. It was indeed breathtaking.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"Hmm, I don't know." He replied.

"Admit it, you brought other girls here before."

Did I sound like I'm his girlfriend?

"I did not!" He denied. Oh, really? "Except for my grandma."

"Where is she?" I asked again.

"She's cultivating herbs, fruits, flowers and vegetables somewhere."

His scent is having an effect on me again. Why does he have to be near?

"Ohh, so she uses those in making your perfume."

"Sort of," He said. "I never liked perfume when I was young but my grandma started making one for me. At first, I didn't want it because I thought that it was just mostly for girls. Until she said that I could attract girls and I could find my true love with this perfume."

"You started using perfume because of that?" I laughed. He was still a young, innocent boy that time so I understand that he believed his grandma's words.

True, perfume can attract girls. But will it help him find his true love? Really? What nonsense is that?

"It's sounds funny but yeah," He said. "Besides, I just want to fulfill my grandma's wish."

Noa told me about it but didn't tell the details.

Should I ask him?

--

a/n: sorry for the slow update coz our midterm exam will start tomorrow ㅠㅠ