1 ☼ Come one come all

"Come one, come all, you're just in time
To witness my first breakdown
'Cause there's a mile gone for every minute passed
When I'm wasting space in this town
Don't call the doctors, I don't need no medication
I just need one more vacation and make it last"

☼ Summer's POV ☼

2 months earlier

I walked down that street of San Francisco, swinging from one side to the other to avoid the other humans who crowded the place.

They made me think about robots walking aimlessly, just because someone told them to. They were probably fretting to get to work on time. A work they probably didn't like, to have money they probably didn't need to buy things they probably couldn't afford. Isn't it bitterly amazing what people are willing to do in order to believe they are free? These people, they weren't free, to me. They were just running blind towards a standardised version of life pretending it was their choice, while in fact they were just powerless pawns in this sick game of chess that is society.

Most people may think I'm cynic for that, but if I had to label myself I'd say I'm a realist, this is just how it is for me, as simple as that.

Now I was finally running away from all this, from all the problems, from all the rules, from all the expectations and the disappointment that followed. I was 19, I had no relative to take care of me, I had the whole world ready to be discovered.

It's not that I lived a hell of a life until then. My childhood wasn't so bad after all, my parents loved me blindly and unconditionally, they gave me everything I asked for and this was their only fault. They believed they could buy my love and happiness, not even trying to really get to know their only daughter. They had been weak.

I was totally absorbed by a great All Time Low song when I bumped into someone, the collision almost making me trip. The tall figure catch me by my forearm just in time to stop my fall.

"What the hell?" I grunted.

"Didn't your parents tell you that crashing into people is not the right way to make new acquaintances?" The boy with ruffled hair and nerd glasses told me, wearing a wide smile on his dorkie face.

"Didn't your parents tell you that I don't give a fuck?" I said, half annoyed and half still processing what was happening.

He burst out laughing. "Ok you win. Listen, I'm sorry, really sorry. But let me make it up."

I stared at him, not knowing how to react to the fact that I had been a bitch and he was being nice nonetheless. "I have to go now." I started walking away but was stopped by his hand. He had pretty big hands for a boy so young.

I turned around and shot him a glare. "Leave.me.alone"

"Come with me tonight. I can tell you don't live here from your accent and the least I can do after running into you like a mad pony is to take you to the best party ever with the best people ever" He smiled so genuinely he looked like a child.

"Listen, I don't know you don't get it or maybe you're just used to always get what you want, but I said I have to go. I'm leaving this city tonight." That was so me. This was how I always did, tended to do everything my way, plus the fact that giving satisfaction to people made me itch.

"C'mon, it's not even 24 hours I'm asking for. Just one night and you won't see me ever again. I'm just offering you the opportunity to carry some good memories with you."

I knew I wanted to stay and enjoy my time and be there the next morning, to laugh at all the stupid things we would do. Pure fun was what I longed for after all and this guy was offering me the chance to do what I'm good at: feel.