Chapter 13

Jax went out to the picnic table and sat next to Chibs, staying quiet, knowing Chibs as he did as a brother, knew Chibs had to start the conversation.

"Jax" "I love her" "And I'm fucking it up brother, for Christ sakes I'm fucking it up"

"Chibs, I heard part of that pissing contest, seemed one sided, but I heard." talking slower to get to Chibs thoughts. "She's been running and hiding for 5 years"? "You'll need to tell me more later when we have more time" "But if she's your ole lady, it's all or nothing you must tell her. They can't take half and live with it". "It seems she's telling you all and you telling her half".

"I know brother" "She's had so much I couldn't tell her all, I'm afraid I'll lose her, and God knows I can't" he hung his head and lit another cigarette.

"Mom seen you walk out and grab the bottle, she is in there with her now, let her talk to her then you need to go make it right, one way or the other, we got your back, you know that"

"Thank Jax, I love you brother"

Jax patted Chibs on the back, picked up the bottle and walked away with it, he knew not to leave Chibs with a bottle and heartache. He walked past Bobby, "Watch him"! Bobby nodded and done just that.

~~~~~~~~~

Gemma walked into Chibs room and seen Phoebe with a glass in her hand and it sure looked like she was about to toss it across the room and the look on her face she had seen in her own mirror. And she is thinking, 'Damn, Chibs found an equal, not a sweet nice little lady who he could toss around'. 'Good one Chibs' she thought proud of him. She walked past Charlie patting her on the head, "Nice puppy" as Phoebe turned to her.

Gemma started with, "Sweetheart, I wouldn't toss that glass and break it, it won't solve the problem and no one is coming in here to clean it up with your puppy in here". Taking the glass setting it down and giving Phoebe a hug, guiding her to the bed to set her down next to her.

"Gemma, I've never stood up to a man before and it hurts that I just did to Filip after all he must be going through but what he said hurt"

"I know sweetheart, men don't think before they talk, it's why they have us, to keep them in line" "And what do you mean you've never stood up to a man before, there must have been others"

"Yeah, one, long story"

"Phoebe, give him time to come around, he knows he messed up, he needs to sulk then come back in calmly" "Boys need to pout sometimes"

"Gemma, you don't need me here, I can get a hotel room and you would have much more space for the others"

"Sweetheart, I'm not sure what Chibs has told you, but you are his ole lady, he will have you no place but here with his family until they get control over their doings, and we have room for all, this isn't the first time and if I know these men, it won't be the last, it's the life of the club. We will talk more, but first you must know, it's all or nothing with them, we have to make a sacrifice sometimes, and it's not so bad getting everyone together and making the best of it, a family reunion of sorts"

"What do they do Gemma that makes these reunions so to speak happen and need protection"

"That's for Chibs to tell you and then you and I will talk" "I believe you can be the best for him and that he will tell you, just give him time and understand why he needs you here" "And you will need to tell me more about who you are, and why you own a guard dog"

Phoebe just looked at Gemma

"I know more and see more than most sweetheart, and I am one you can trust"