Favor

You are sat on the sofa with your friend Julie, looking through pictures from a party you both attended last night. Your best friend Ben was at the party too.

"I can't get over how fucking hot Ben looked last night!" Julie says zooming into Ben's face.

"You really do have a crush on him huh?" You giggle, swiping to the next photo.

"How can you not! I can't believe he's still single." Julie says quickly with a sudden burst of energy. "Ben's like your best friend right?", you nod your head as she continues to blabber on, "You think you could set me up?"

Your heart sinks in your chest as the words escape her lips. You've been best friends with Ben for a while now, but no one knows that you've always fancied him, not even Julie! You have a hard time saying no to people but at the same time, you didn't want your friend going on a date with Ben before you could even get the chance.

"Ehh yes I don't see why not." You say with no emotion in your tone of voice.

Fuck! You mentally facepalm yourself.

"You're the best! I literally love you!" Julie whips your body into a tight embrace.

"I'll call him right now and let him know he's got a hot date coming up!" You say getting up from the couch, walking upstairs to your room to call Ben.

Once you made it to your bedroom, you tried your hardest not to cry. Why do I make myself miserable! If only Ben knew how I felt about him. You dial Ben's number as you have it saved inside your brain, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Ben's deep voice comes through the speaker.

"Hey!" Your voice cracks, still trying not to break down, "I've got some good news!"

"What is it?" Ben sounds excited.

"Julie wants to go out with you one night and I told her I'd make it happen. What do you think?"

"(Y/N), you didn't?!" Ben sounds flustered.

"What?"

"I can't stand her! She was all over me at the party last night and I don't think I could last on a night out with her." He groans, "I'd rather go out with you!" He mumbles the last bit.

"Please just do me a favor! She's really excited and what was the last bit you said?" Your heart begins to race from a mixture of stress and excitement.

"(Y/N) I'm going to kill you...but I'll do it only because you're the one asking." Ben sighs.

"Ben, you're ignoring my question!" You say getting angry as you pace back and fourth in your bedroom.

You hear footsteps approaching your bedroom. The door creeks open, Julie's head pops in the room.

"What is he saying?" Julie mouths, smiling.

"Ben, you'll just have to tell me later! I've got to go!" You aggressively smash the end button, focusing on Julie, who's just barged into your room, unannounced.

"He said he's very excited to see you!" You lie so she doesn't feel bad.

"Oh my fucking god! I'm going out with Ben!" She shouts, jumping up and down.

Julie was starting to get on your nerves, so you ask her to leave and that you'd talk with her tomorrow about the details of the date, as she doesn't have Ben's contact. It kills you even more that you have to plan the bloody thing as well. What have I done! If only Ben knew... Your heart hurts.

———

It was the day of the date. You asked Ben to take her to her favorite pub. Julie is beyond excited, which made you extremely annoyed. Bens been texting you all day about how much he doesn't want to go, and how he'd rather be doing something else. You giggled reading the grumpy messages, as he's just as upset as you are, it's just you aren't showing it.