ten.

CHAPTER TEN;the winner takes it all

CHAPTER TEN;
the winner takes it all

LYDIA BEGAN WALKING after her daughter but was soon stopped by stiles. "lydia." he jumped in front of her. "lydia, i need to talk to you about who's giving betty away?"

"that would be me." she walked straight passed him.

"but... what about her dad?" he followed closely behind,

"her dad isn't here." she continued walking.

"it's what she wants, she told me she wants her father here!" he ran back in front of her. "what if her father wants that too."

"stiles, don't do this now." she chuckled under her breath. "i can't hear this now." she looked everywhere but his eyes.

"lydia, listen to me, this is about us." he spoke. "about everything we've been through!"

"i don't wanna talk, about things we've gone through..." she sniffled. "though it's hurting me, now it's history."

"i've got nothing more to say stiles, accept... the winner takes it all, the loser standing small, beside the victory... that's my destiny..."

"lydia, you can't say we didn't matter... we were the only thing that mattered..." he spoke softly.

"i was in your arms, thinking i'd belong there." she wrapped her arms around herself reminding herself of the way he used to hold her. "i was fool," she chuckled. "playing by the rules."

"the winner takes it all... the loser has to fall..." she looked to him, his soft whiskey brown eyes on hers.

"lydia, baby."

"no!" she shouted. "you don't get to call me that! not anymore! you lost that right the second you walked away from me!" she felt tears stinging in the corners of her eyes.

he gently cupped her face, holding her, the best feeling in the world to him. "tell me does she kiss, like i used to kiss you." she rested her head against his, nose touching nose.

she could feel his breath on her lips, his cologne filling up her nostrils, intoxicating her once again. she was captivated by him; his smile; his eyes; his laugh; his scent; him.

"answer me, does it feel the same... when she calls your name?" she stroked his cheek. "you must know... i miss you..."

"i miss you too lyds..." he spoke and she pulled away looking at him teary eyed.

"rules must be obeyed." she shrugged and turned away not looking at him. "the games on again... a lover... or a friend."

he came up behind her slowly spinning her round, he took her hands in his. she let a few tears fall "i don't wanna talk..." her voice broke.

"b-because it makes me feel sad..." he placed her hands up to his lips and kissed them, letting a tear or two fall. he looked at her in her soft but vivid emerald eyes.

those enchanting and lone eyes, to him they were extraordinary. one of a kind like her fiery self, his little firecracker, her strawberry blonde hair that he admire, he remembers the way it sprawled across his pillows, remembering the endless nights they spent rolling around naked in bed together.

the was she purred in his ear, as he went deeper inside of her. her kitten claws never failing to leave marks on his back. the way he would just hold her, care and nurture her, treat her body as it if were a temple. she was a goddess in his eyes.

he was constantly in awe of her, her beauty that intrigued him, that trapped him in the first place. he was so in love with this little fiery red-head, that he was blessed to call his.

"oh kitten..." he realised he'd broke her, he loved and adored every ounce of her. she may have bones made out of metal, but he realised she had a heart made out of glass.

"i have found a life for me in you, i know it. someone i could fight for, and fall for - who would move me to soar further than i ever could on my own strength. i see a lover, an accomplice, a muse, and a friend. someone i could create something meaningful in the world with." she let more tears descend shaking her head gently.

"you've come to shake my hand..." she spoke moving his hands to her mouth kissing them softly. "i apologise if it makes you feel bad..." mores tears fell.

"seeing me so tense... no self confidence..." she chuckled slowly letting go of his hands. he held onto her tightly not wanting to let go. "but you see..."

"the winner takes its all..."

"the winner takes it all..." she repeated tears streaming.

"the game is on again! a lover or a friend, a big thing or a small!" she paced around he listened at every single word she spoke, he needed her and all he wanted to do was hold her.

"THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL!!!" she screamed before running away from him not taking one last glance. her elegant and translucent dress that blew in the wind gently, a beautiful gown for a beautiful princess, his princess. stiles heart broke as he ran after the girl. she climbed and she ran and she climbed and she ran till she got to the top of the hill where the isolated chapel stood, the one her daughter was about to get married in.

"LYDIA!!" stiles shouted from the bottom of the hill. she looked at him tears falling, her heart racing fast, tears springing from her eyes.

"the winner... takes it... all..." she closed her eyes, trying to forget him; his smile; his eyes; his laugh; his scent; him.