Showdown

Grievous stared down his three Jedi opponents, his lightsabers humming as an uneasy silence filled the air, even the many sounds of the ensuing battle around them seeming like nothing more than a whisper as the combatant's minds focused on nothing more but their thoughts of what was to come.

"We've gone up against this guy hundreds of times right? what makes this time any different" asked Anakin, hesitation in his voice as he let out a weak chuckle.

"Exactly, there's no reason for worry" replied Obi-Wan.

"Then why are you sweating?"

Obi-Wan looked at him and took a deep breath "I don't know Anakin... I don't know..."

Grievous grinned underneath his faceplate not bothering to reply to his Jedi opponents, his mind, however, was racing with excitement, the urge to fight seemed like an unstoppable force that just wouldn't hold back. Despite this, he still showed restraint and refused to make the first move, he knew that the Jedi were far too desperate to retain control of the world and would do anything to stop him, all he had to do was wait.

"He's impossible to read!" Shaak Ti exclaimed.

"Agreed, I never know what this guys gonna do" replied Anakin softly

"Then I suggest we get this over with and show him what we can do."

The three Jedi began to form up into a much more threatening stance, Grievous too would tighten his grip on his many sabers slightly re-posturing himself as he did.

"For the Republic?" Grinned Anakin

"For the Republic" the others replied with a nod.

The three then dashed towards Grievous at speed, with a laugh he too would engage leaping into the air as he did so.

Crashing towards the ground Grievous slashed all four of his sabers with extreme force, the three Jedi each blocking with Anakin taking on two of the sabers at once, in response Grievous's torso began to spin, his four sabers combining into a ring on light, slashing off of the others sabers with ferocious force as sparks flew dramatically across the hallway.

Grievous would stop this attack and almost immediately begin swinging at each Jedi individually his four arms seeming almost co-dependant with Grievous seeming like he was paying near to no attention to each Jedi individually. From here the battle entered an all-new phase, with each of the Jedi skillfully blocking, and evading the attacks Grievous was throwing their way whilst also throwing off their own attacks which would be swiftly blocked by the cyborg.

Shaak Ti would then jump behind Grievous, locking him inside a three-way prison, in response, he sheathed one of his weapons and restored one of his arms choosing to fight with three instead of four as to have one for each target. Two of his arms would be placed behind him with one facing Shaak Ti, like before it would seem as if his arms had a mind of their own with Grievous not even having the need of paying too much attention Anakin and Obi-Wan.

all four then clashed, Grievous's extreme strength more than capable of holding his opponents back, it was here however that Obi-Wan would begin to charge a mighty force push which when let out pounded Grievous to the far side of the hall landing with a violent thud as all three of his blades deactivated.

With a wheeze, he weakly pushed himself up only to see Shaak Ti force speeding towards him. Effortlessly re-engaging the three sabers he defended deflecting her many strikes and giving off the impression that he was on the defensive.

"Is she going to be alright?" Asked Anakin

"She's been in far worse situations and if we interfere now we will only throw her off."

"I hope your right."

The two of them clashed once more staring into each other's eyes with rage.

"You cannot with Jedi... this planet will fall and soon all shall bow before The Confederacy."

"Your arrogance blinds you, General!" Shaak Ti replied as she disengaged and commenced a second volley of attacks.

Grievous did not reply and instead continued to remain on the defensive.

Before long Shaak Ti would gain a lucky strike, her blade piercing through Grievous's defensive line, slashing his chest plate and revealing the inner workings of his suit.

With a scream Grievous retaliated, swinging back with everything he could muster, all of which were masterfully blocked by the Jedi.

"You see what did I tell you, nothing to worry about" joked Anakin with a smile.

"Let us hope so" replied Obi-Wan with a stern facial expression, not allowing himself to become too hopeful in such a dire situation.

Shaak Ti and Grievous clashed yet again, "You have spirit, it is a shame it had to be wasted on such a useless lifeform!" mocked Grievous as he slowly began to push her back.

"This spirit will fight till the end General, you can be sure of that!"

"Very well, then remember it whilst you can..."

"I'll be remembering it for many years to come General, and soon the Republic will share in my optomis---"

She paused.

And she continued to do so.

Her mouth wide open she tried to speak, however, this worked to no avail, all that came out was a gasp for air and gut-wrenching pain.

With one quick strike Grievous had unclipped his fourth arm, grabbed his saber and planted it through the Jedi's chest.

"You lose... Jedi" growled Grievous, slowly removing the Saber.

The other two watched in horror as Shaak Ti's saber deactivated and her lifeless body slowly plummeted down to the cold white floor.

In a rage, Anakin would scream "NOOOO!" rushing towards Grievous with hate.

Realizing what was  happening Obi-Wan yelled "ANAKIN DONT!"

Anakin lept at Grievous blindly, his defenses down and he swung a powerful strike.

Grievous naturally blocked and went to deal the finishing strike however it was not Anakin his blade met.

Obi-Wan lept in the way and blocked the strike, Grievous's free hands then slicing through him like butter, removing his right arm and sending him to the floor with a scream of pure pain.

In shock, Anakin sheathed his Saber and looked at his old Master with despair only to receive a lightning fast kick from Grievous shattering three of his ribs and sending him down with the others.

"I'll take this as your unconditional surrender" Grievous laughed slowly turning and walking away.