Before

A/N: OKAY SO MATTHEW IS DOING A BOOK SIGNING I WANNA GO SO BAD BUT IM A FOUR DAY DRIVE AWAY. IT SO SAD AND IM SAD AND I JUST LOVE HIM SO MUCH. okay sorry i just needed to say that. onto the story.

Hotch sent everybody back to the hotel for the night to get some sleep after the rough day they'd had. Emily and JJ were of course, paired together.

"You okay?" Emily asked walking out of the bathroom to see JJ pacing back and forth and biting her nails. She looked seriously distressed.

"Uh yeah fine." She said waving the  brunette off and continuing to pace.

"Okay well you don't look fine." Emily scoffed and walked over to JJ, grabbing her arm.

"I am." JJ said stepping away quickly and wrapping her arms around her. body.

"Wow," Emily stepped back at the blondes sudden change in demeanor from even this morning. "Jayje I'm not trying to upset you." Emily said calmly.

"I know." She said finally stepping a foot closer to Emily. "I'm sorry. This is all just really weird." She laughed in her uncomfortable laugh. (picture the one she used when she talkes to spence in the season finale wedding.)

"Its okay." Emily nodded with a sad smile. "I'm not gonna let the creep touch you." She said.

"Even the thought makes me shiver." The blonde said, visibly doing so. Emily reached over and took JJ's hand.

"Then don't think of him." Emily smiled. "Think of me." JJ knew Emily meant to think of her holding JJ. But what JJ's dumb mind went to was Emily touching touching her. Which in the last few days was not the first time she had thought about it. It was confusing her so she tried to shake it off best she could. Emily noticed her sudden change in attitude though. When JJ went blank and started jittering slightly, taking a step back a bit. Emily knew something weird was going on.

"You okay JJ?" Emily said touching the blondes shoulder.

"Uh yeah. Yeah." She nodded.

"Okay." Emily said giving JJ a hug. Which JJ happily accepted. She looked up at Emily and put a hand on her right cheek. Emily just responded by taking her and and kissing it.

"I love you Em." JJ said her voice cracking slightly.

"I love you too Jayje. Always." She said and proceeded to give JJ a kiss on the forehead. "And I promise you this guy who is stalking you will never ever touch you. I'd never let anybody touch my beautiful best friend." Emily laughed lightly.

Except yourself. JJ thought to herself and laughed. Emily assumed she was laughing at the comment she had made so she didn't think too much about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A few hours had passed and JJ had woken up to find Emily no where in sight. She looked around the bedroom for a moment and started panicking when she couldn't find her. What if Porter grabbed her in their sleep. What if he did something to her. Her mind raced and she got up to look around. She almost screamed when Emily came up behind her.

"Emily! You scared the shit out of me!" She yelled and put her hand over her heart. "Wait why are you dressed?" JJ tilted her head in confusion.

"Hotch called. I didn't wanna wake you he said it was fine." She said pulling her hair up in a ponytail.

"Or did he instruct you not to wake me. Or did you tell him I couldn't handle it." JJ speculated, raising an eyebrow.

"No of course not." Emily said walking over to the blonde. She put her hands on her shoulders and looked her in they eyes. "He just thought you might be feeling tired after everything that happened." She said smiling.

"Well I'm fine. I wanna come." JJ said nodding once.

"Alright well get dressed I guess." Emily said. And so JJ did.

The two arrived at the station and Hotch gave Emily a wary look. "I told you not to wake her." He said to Emily.

"She woke up on her own." She whispered back quickly before the blonde came back into earshot. The team was working around the clock to find the creep who was stalking JJ, when finally, they got a lead. It appeared the victims had no connection the unsub simoky just targeted them. Reid however, figured that the ligature marks shown on the victims wrists had to be from something, he assumed twine. So based on the geograohical profile Garcia was able to narrow down all the stores he could by twine from; which was exactly 2. She then looked and found a man named Porter Hutchinson. He had purchased twine twice in the last week and made no other purchases at the store.

The team was on their way to Porters house. JJ, although Emily's pleads not to, insisted an coming along. The team stopped outside the house with their sirens silent and got ready to arrest the man who was doing this. Morgan kicked down the door and everybody followed. They were all shocked at what they saw but had to stay alert. Photos of JJ heading to the hotel, leaving the hotel, outside of the station, even photos of her and Emily smiling at eachother leaving the hotel. There was also a photo of them all at the telephone booth. They searched every room and all the surrounding area of the house but they couldn't find porter anywhere.

"How did he set this all up before we got here." Emily said frustrated. "These picture are from like an hour ago." Emily said. She moves closer to JJ instinctivly, as if to protect her.

"I have road blocks in the surrounding area. He won't make it far." Hotch said, hanging up the phone.

"He's taunting us!" Morgan yelled in anger.

"He's taunting me." JJ corrected him.

"Well he's not gonna get to you because we are gonna stop him." Emily said to JJ. JJ just gave her a kind smile.

"This is so creepy." JJ sighed.

"JJ this isn't anything against you but I have to take you off this. Its not safe." Hotch ordered.

"What? No! Hotch look, I can help you and I'm safest when I'm with you guys. If you send me back to the hotel I'll be way more vulnerable." JJ argued.

"I hate to say it... but she is right." Rossi chimed in.

"Yeahm" Emily added. She didn't want and wouldn't let JJ out of her sight during this.

"Well then," Hotch stepped forward,  "this is our best lead so lets follow it and catch this bastard."