Les devoirs

Sirius's POV

I sat in the dining room waiting as I silently cursed my own stupidity for forgetting to give Harry's family a time to arrive. Molly had finally gotten all of the Weasley kids and Harry to sit down and begin their summer assignments. Watching them, I grimaced as I realized that the only reason that they were working at all was because Harry couldn't do anything else that was actually enjoyable due to his injuries. Though it was entertaining to watch him attempt to maneuver with the help of the Weasley kids.

After a bit more waiting, and a couple of well meaning attempts from Fred and George to get out of doing their summer assignments, there was a knock on the door. As I walked towards the door to let Harry's relatives in (who else would actually knock on the door?) I heard two male voices arguing from the other end.

"...You can't just forget tell me these things, Percy!"

"Well it didn't seem important at the time, I told Mom. You never needed to know these things before,"

"Just add it to the list of brainless, life endangering decisions that you make on a regular basis then,"

"I'm not stupid, Paul,"

"Well you sure are good at acting like it,"

   At this I decided that it would be a good idea to interrupt the pleasant conversation that I overheard by opening the door. Our three guests quickly schooled their expressions into more friendly ones, but I could see the look of annoyance on the mother's face and the hurt look lingering on Percy's face. The father had an odd mixture of anger and concern on his face before he schooled his expression into a smile. A family argument had just occurred- and I was interrupting it- lovely.

"Well? Come on in," I said, holding open the door.

  As the family walked in, I saw Percy stiffen slightly at the sight of the monstrous decor. I couldn't blame him, my mother had awful tastes and the room looked like hell. His mother put a comforting hand on his shoulder. When his father moved to the same, Percy brushed him off, leaving the man looking quite hurt.

"I don't believe we ever introduced ourselves" The woman said to everyone; including myself, the few scattered Order members and the teens in the nearby dining room.

"Sally Blofis," She said with a wave, "Lily Potter's cousin and Harry's aunt."

"Paul," The man introduced himself with a smile.

"Percy-"

"-Perseus," Sally interrupted.

Jackson," The boy finished with a small smirk.

The man frowned as his son- or I guess it was his stepson- included his last name in his introduction. It was almost funny seeing how petty the kid could be with reminding Paul about his frustration. Something must've struck a nerve.

All of the Order members quickly introduced themselves to the small family. Arthur and Molly Weasley quickly clicked with both Sally and Paul. It seemed like they really needed another set of parents in the Order to talk to. Realizing that I was Harry's godfather, and therefore a parent of sorts, I walked over to the group where Percy was standing awkwardly next to his parents.

"Oh, Sirius!" Sally exclaimed as I walked over, pausing her conversation with Molly and Arthur, "It's great to see you again. Is Harry feeling better?"

"Much better, actually. He's doing some summer homework at the moment. Though his ankle is still broken. I'll admit that It's quite funny watching him use Ron as a human crutch-"

"Oh! do you wizards not use 'crutches'?" She questioned, rummaging around through a box marked 'first aid kit' and put together what I recognized as a bronze pair of muggle crutches. She then pulled out a thick book that read DSTOMP on the cover and a couple muggle pens and pencils from her purse. (*)