Chapter 1

3rd POV:

Reporter: And that's the weather report for this afternoon. In other, more important, news. Everyone in Vale has gathered at town square to morn the loss of Vale's greatest protector who saved us multiple times. Let's head to Janis who is on the scene. Janis?

Janis: Hi Phil, as you can see everyone is here now to pay respects to Y/N Ben L/N, the protector of our city who fell in the battle against Vilgax who has been destroyed as well. It is said a close friend of his will be doing a speech in commemoration of his heroic deeds. She is now coming on stage to deliver the speech. Let's hear what she has to say.

Weiss made her way up the stairs and towards the podium. Instead of the usual head-held-high Schnee everyone was expecting they were shocked to see a tired girl with red eyes with bags and messy hair along with creased clothing. It was clear to see that she wasn't taking any of this well.

Weiss: I want to start off by thanking everyone for coming out. It means a lot to me and I'm sure Y/N would be ecstatic to see everyone here...

Weiss took a deep breathe before she continued. Her hand on her chest trying to slow her rapidly beating heart.

Weiss: Y/N was a brilliant friend, always there when you needed him. He was kind, caring, compassionate and always knew how to make someone laugh no matter how cold hearted they could be. He was able to keep his powers hidden well, and it was a shame that we all had to find out about it this way... He was an amazing student, he never left his studies for the last moment. He took pride in his work, he was always so determined. You could easily see it when he was being a hero. And yet through all he's done, he always made time for friends. He worked well with his team as well as his peers. I was closer to him than most. He was so compassionate about his relationships.

Weiss, at this point, was now crying.

Weiss: I just wish I could have said goodbye... Said "I love you" one last time... I just-

She stopped speaking as her hand made it way to her mouth as she tried to keep the food that was threatening to spill in her stomach. She ran off the stage towards the nearest bathroom. Once there she keeled over the toilet and dumped the contents of her stomach. This wasn't the first time this had happened. She's been throwing up a lot recently. Even before Y/N died, though they only got worse after that. Once done she made her way out the bathroom seeing her team waiting outside for her.

Ruby: You ok Weiss?

Weiss: Yeah, feeling a bit better now.

Yang: You really need to consider what we talked about earlier. All the signs point to you being pregnant. The mood swings, the morning sickness, the vomiting. It all adds up.

Weiss: Yeah I know, and to be honest, you might be right. How's the parade going?

Blake: It's going well, people are enjoying themselves and having fun, well as much fun as they can.

Blake looked down glumly as she rubbed her arm.

Weiss: That's all we can ask for. As long as some of the spirits are kept up we shouldn't have to deal with any-

???: GRIMM!!!

Somehow a lone Beowolf had made its way into the festival grounds. People were running and screaming trying to get away from the creature. A group of huntsman in charge of security encircled the beast. Before they could attack a fireball smashed down on the creature, killing it in a fiery inferno. Everyone looked up to where the fireball had come from and saw a cloaked figure with his arm looking like a molten stone like substance that was on fire. No one could see his face or the rest of his body just the glow of his hand on fire. He turned around and walked away.