Chapter 4

"Jane", I laid on the ground of my bedroom floor staring at the ceiling.

Jane calmly answered," Yes Milady".

"Cancel everything in my schedule. I'm going to rest for now."

And that was what I did for many weeks, other then getting Jane to retrieve food and bathing. My overprotective family except for my eldest brother grew excessively worried for me but I made the excuse saying I was studying.

Studying was unnecessary as I have already studied every subject known to the kingdom as I tried impressing Raphael becoming the top academic student in school. I laughed softly at my silly foolishness thinking any of my actions would have changed his mind.

I began to ponder all the routes and different plots outlined with each individual person, my head began to overheat from the amount of stupidity the developers must have had whilst creating the game.

In every route besides my brothers, I die. No matter what ending people got, whether it was a good or bad ending I was executed, not even was I once banished. Not only that but what I was most annoyed at was my family being executed along with me, they were gentle and kind people who never deserved such a fate because of my actions.

I groaned into my pillow thinking of ways to strangle the developers of the game. I did not understand the concept in why I was pointed out as the villainess for the entire game, it was unfair and unjust.

What I wanted was a peaceful life, one where I don't need to shoulder the burden of caring for an entire kingdom. More so with a man who completely loathed my existence.

Not only did I want a peaceful life but I also wanted my family to live less chaotic lives because of my irresponsible actions. I still get nightmares of the pain I caused the people most dearest to my heart.

As I thought of a way to make their lives easier I couldn't help but think as though I had forgotten an extremely important event.

No matter how much I tried to remember, nothing would appear in my mind. Well then who cares, I'm sure it's not as serious as I thought. Hopefully.

But for now I had other matters to worry about. Today was an unavoidable day, enrolment day. This is the day where every child over the age of 16 must attend the 'Academy'. Where every nobles child has to make connections with one another whereas commoners who only get through scholarships has to work 20 times harder to just stay in this prestigious school.

The system did sound quite cliche now that I think of it and also unfair but there was no way I could change it. My parents did not ask anything of me besides to enjoy the experience which I was forever grateful for.

I remember all the faces who turned their back on me in times of need, all the people who used my name in order to gain a higher status. I felt nothing as I looked upon the gates of where I'd have to stay for the next two years.

The first time I saw these very gates, I remember I couldn't wait to impress Raphael with anything and everything I had.  I smiled slightly at how innocent I was at that time, before everything went downhill.

I took a deep breath and headed toward the ceremony hall. Now for the boring part, everyone had to test how much magical power they held. The process was simple, each attribute held a different colour, for example light magic would be white whereas dark magic would be black.

Depending on the person themselves, there is a possibility of the orb glowing five different colours and by how bright the orb shines the teachers and students within the school can see how strong that persons attribute is compatible with them.

It's not a perfect way to determine one's strength in my opinion but I silently waited my turn.  I could hear everyone's whispers about me, the amount of 'colourful' words they had to say about me was quite extraordinary in a way.

Perhaps I can see why I became a bit insane with the amount of hate I have already received upon my first day in school. But on the surface my face was entirely emotionless causing them to frown. Normally I would have already made a fool of myself and lashed out, ruining my name even more but now there insults mean nothing to me.

My goal is for my family and I to live peacefully and the first obstacle I must overcome to achieve that is to break off my engagement with Raphael to become a 'Saintess'.

No way will I become a holy woman who will live her entire life for taking care of everyone else's well-being . My plan is to help those in need to a certain point where I am seen as a Saintess, nothing more. Once I am recognised, the King will have to uphold his promise and annul my engagement.

"Sera Gavous, please step forward", one of the older teachers had spoken out loud causing everyone to go silent.

I could feel the looks of expectations rain down on me, the looks of disdain and disgust were also evident but I could not care less of their behaviours.

I placed my hand on the orb without much thought. I knew what colour it would glow which was white but I was curious if my compatibility with light magic had strengthened or stayed the same as before.

As expected the orb glowed white shocking the entire crowd besides Jane who looked onwards very proud as if she was the one with light magic. I took a sigh of relief looking at the teacher waiting for his instructions.

But what happened next was something that would deviate my plans significantly in the foreseeable future. The orb began to shake and I tried to take my hand away but it stayed attached.

The teachers surrounding me began to form shields around me to protect the students whilst other tried to pull me from the orb. The students around me took several steps back whilst others held Jane in place.

Usually when the orb begins to shake nothing ever goes well and it could lead into a explosion but for some reason I remained calm. I had a feeling that nothing would harm me and that all I needed to do was wait.

And in the next moment the orb grew so bright that I had to cover my eyes. I tried to hide my horrified face knowing exactly what that meant but seconds later the orb glowed different colours, black, blue and red.

There have been cases of people gaining two magic attributes but never more than that. The only people to ever have 3 different attributes could be counted on a single hand and they all grew up to become grand rulers. But there was never anyone who possessed 4 in any kingdom.

Until now. At that realisation all I could say in that moment was a few simple words.

"Well ....................... shit."