E n t e r K a n e k i | 04

Red Reaper | Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic

"Who's there?" the only reply she got from me was silence. I could tell that whoever cracked my mask was a ghoul by scent, and she was using her kagune. Her scent seemed strangely familiar though.

Keeping a hand up to cover my face, I ran at her and just when I was right in front of her, I twisted my foot around and maneuvered my way to avoid her by sidestepping to the back. This caught her by surprise and she immediately whirled around, which enabled me to get a slight glance at her face as I raised my foot in the air.

I froze in the middle of my kick when I saw her. There was no mistake.

That was Touka.

"Touka-chan!" Both of us froze when I foreign voice called out to her.

"Kaneki..." Touka's menacing voice warned.

Ah, so this was the Kaneki that Itori-san was talking about.

A white-haired male stepped into the flickering light and paused, "Why did you run off like that?"

"Why did you follow me?"

"I couldn't let you just go out like that alone."

"I can take care of myself!"

As I narrowed my eyes, I watched the two bickered and decided that I should use this chance to get away. It's too bad that Touka ruined my Wednesday. Moving silently, I turned around and put pressure on my right foot in order to jump on the roof of the house beside me, but a voice interrupted me.

"Where are you going?" It was that dreaded Kaneki.

I clenched my teeth in irritation and ignored the voice. There was no use in fighting them if Touka was there. It's too early for me to expose my identity and it wouldn't be any fun.

Before they could try anything, I darted off. Unfortunately, something wrapped around my ankle and pulled me down. Swiftly, I let my kagune out and whirled around, using the edge of the roof for support. The skin on my ankle stinged from being ripped due to the tight grip on it and the speed of my turn. Spikes that shot out from my kagune cut my ankle free and I landed steadily on the ground, keeping my face covered with my hair.

"I believe I've heard about you." Kaneki spoke.

I took a slight glimpse my head at his and Touka's direction and, as I suspected, the object that grabbed me was Kaneki's kagune.

"Rinkaku type, huh." I thought.

Touka paused before nodding, "That's right. The red hair and the mask."

I waited in silence as they talked. Without showing it, a slight concern emerged as I felt my stamina starting to slowly drain away from using my kagune several times.

"You're the rumoured Red Reaper, aren't you?" Kaneki mentioned.

Well, I seem to be quite popular.

a/n: I'm sorry that I never updated until now. I'm really happy that there are still people who want to read this even though I haven't updated in a long time and again, I'm so sorry for promising to update but not actually doing it. Updates will be slow, but I hope this chapter was satisfying enough since I haven't wrote in a while. Sorry for any mistakes. :)