Chapter Four- Call me Remus

A brisk new day greeted Hogwarts as it embedded the castle in it's golden rays. Excitedly, the Gryffindor students scurried around their dormitories, adapting themselves for another day of lessons. Especially Addilyn Waters, of whom was frantically dabbing her face with powder.
"Woah, easy there Marilyn Monroe, I'd turn it down a notch with the lipstick" Angelina called over from her bed, watching Addie with fascination.
"Stop it Angie," hissed Addilyn before taking a glance in the mirror. "Oh god," Addie examined the angles of her face, "you're right, I look ridiculous"
"You look like a clown," Angie teased. "Anyway, what you putting in all this effort for?"
"Nothing, can't a girl just look her best every now and again," Addilyn said, confidently shoving her nose in the air.
"You're not fooling me" Angie replied.
"Okay, if you must know, I want to look my best for... for, well you know who" Addie sighed.
"Ah, of course...well in that case, I'd perhaps think about starting again" Angie chuckled, a huge grin on her face.

First class, much to Addilyn's delight, was Defence against the dark arts. She entered the classroom attempting to mask her obvious enthusiasm as she and the other students scuttled over to their desks. Almost too eagerly, Addie grabbed her textbook from her bag and opened it on the correct page- of which was marked quite clumsily with chalk on the blackboard.
The classroom door swung open and Addilyn, face plastered with excitement swished her head around. Hoping to be met with the kind eyes of Professor Lupin was instead met with a brooding visage. Professor Snape glided his way to the front of the room, his sallow face moulded into a permanent glare. The room fell silent, students look around, an array of confusion on their faces. Addilyn began to panic, Professor Lupin had never missed a class, how terribly unlike him, she thought.
"Turn to the page written on the board," Snape instructed.
Without hesitation, the class did as he said, nobody dared defy Professor Snape. More thoughts spiralled Addilyn's mind, what if something awful had happened, she had to find out.
"Now, I've been informed that..."
"Where's Professor lupin?" Addilyn blurted out.
Snape shot her a look of fury. Addie looked astonished at the fact that she had interrupted the professor like that. It seemed that the words had fallen right out of her mouth.
"I'm sorry sir, I was just wondering where..."
"Who do you think you are Miss Waters, talking over a Professor like that," Snape snarled.
"I'm sorry...," Addie started, trying to sound as apologetic as humanly possible.
"Five points from Gryffindor," the pale professor growled.
A wave of groans formed behind Addie, but that didn't phase her, she just wanted to know what had happened to Lupin. Addie raised her hand as Professor Snape furrowed his brow at her action.
"What is it?" He snarled.
"Please sir, where is Professor Lupin?"
"Seeing as you're so desperate to know, Professor Lupin has fallen ill and is currently being treated by Madame Pomfrey," Snape sighed. "But not like it's any of your business, Miss Waters"
Addilyn acknowledged his statement and decided to keep quiet for the rest of the lesson, but that didn't stop her from wanting to ask more questions.

After lunch, Addilyn had a free period and contemplated on whether or not to venture down to the hospital wing. I mean, as Snape said before, it was indeed none of her business, but needless to say, she still worried. After minutes of procrastination, she set sail to check up on her favourite Professor.
When she arrived, she scanned the room until she spotted him, laying there looking more sleep-deprived than ever. She wasn't sure how to approach him, she stood still for a while, thinking up countless scenarios. But it was pointless as he had spotted her from the corner of his eye.
"Addie, what are you doing here?" Lupin questioned the girl.
"Oh, I um, I heard news that you were ill and I wanted to make sure you were okay"
Remus beamed at Addie and gestured for her to sit on the bed opposite him. She did so with a smile. Lupin, with a deep sigh, heaved himself so he was sat facing Addie.
"Well, thank you, I don't really get many visitors, I appreciate you being here"
Addie could feel the blood rush to her face at his words.
"Are you okay Professor?"
"Oh, yes, I'll be up on my feet soon enough, don't you worry about me...but what about you, why aren't you spending your free time with your friends?"
She didn't want to admit that she would rather spend time with him so she decided to lie.
"They're all taking extra curricular classes and I hadn't anything else to do....but I was worried about you Sir"
"Please, don't call me Sir," he pleaded. "....Since we aren't in class, you can call me Remus"
"Okay Remus"
They exchanged smiles as Remus place his hand on Addilyn's.
"Thank you Addie, your affection really does mean a lot to me."

Dinner time promptly arrived, Addie and the Weasley twins were engaged in conversation.
"I think it's physically impossible for him" shared Fred.
"I don't think you're wrong there," Addilyn chuckled.
"Actually, you're are wrong," George butted in, "I've witnessed Snape smiling before my very eyes, a horrifying but fascinating experience..."
The three Gryffindors giggled.
"Have fun with Remus did we?" Angelina said, swooping in and stationing herself opposite Addilyn.
"How did you know?" Addie blushed.
"I saw you skipping off to the hospital wing" "Remus? Who's Remus?" Fred pondered.
"Remus, isn't that old Lupin's first name?" George replied.
"Ooh, what were you doing with him?" Fred taunted.
"Yes girl, spill all" George said, plopping his chin into his hands mockingly.
"Shove off guys" Angie said.
"Fine, fine, we know when we're not wanted," the twins said creeping off to their friends.
"So, what happened?"
"Nothing...I just asked how he was, that's all"
"Right, right... tell that to your scarlet cheeks"
"I'm being serious Angie"
"If you say so" Angie replied.

AN- If you'd like me to continue this book then please give it a cheeky vote