Chapter 10

-Friday, November 2nd

Today was the first time in a while I wasn't with Kelsey after school, because I had something important to surprise her. Homecoming was coming up and I wanted to go over the top and surprise her. I sat in my room and called her mom first.

"What's up, Gage?" Her mom asked.

"I wanna ask your daughter to homecoming."

"REALLY?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"Tomorrow. I'm about to start getting ready for the surprise."

"Well go then, don't let me keep you waiting."

"Ok, thank you!"

Her mom hung up on me and I grabbed my jacket and ran out of my house. First stop, florist.

-

"Can I get pale pink spray roses, pink waxflower and million-star baby's breath. Arranged as a nose gay, wrapped in cellophane with a bow please?" I asked the florist over the phone.

"Of course, who are you getting them for? And who are they from?"

"They're for Kelsey, spelled K-e-l-s-e-y. From Gage."

"Ok, they'll be ready in ten minutes."

"Thank you."

-­

"May ask what the special occasion is?" The florist inquired of me.

"I'm going to ask my girlfriend to homecoming. The other day she was scrolling through Instagram and I saw a post with these flowers and she saved it, so I remembered the name of one of the flowers and googled it and the whole bouquet showed up."

"That's very sweet."

"Thank you."

I paid for the flowers and got in my car, it was the last part of the surprise, and now I needed to get to the game. I already knew where the flowers and other things were being held.

-

Kelsey's P.O.V.

It was almost half time and Matt kept following me all game. I'd go to the bathroom, he'd be waiting outside. I'd get up when he wasn't paying attention and he found me in minutes. I was getting tired of it.

"GO AWAY! SHIT!" I finally yelled at him.

"Babe calm down." Matt grabbed my arm. I kneed him in the nuts.

"I'm not your babe. You know that. You also the only person that's allowed to call me babe pretty well considering he beat your ass pretty bad last time you tried getting me to cheat." I told him off. I walked towards the railings as halftime started and Gage ran over. He was about to climb over the railing when I stopped him.

"I'm gonna beat his ass again." He protested.

"No, you'll get in trouble." I reasoned.

"I have an idea." He ran over to coach and dragged him over to me. "Please let her sit down here."

"Gage, I'm not going to do that." Coach denied.

"Coach, the dude's harassing her, and I'm gonna kick his ass if we don't do something. Come on look at her. Look at how cute and lovable she is, you can't say no." Gage pleaded.

"Fine." Coach caved. "Just don't jump off the railings, run around please."

"Thanks, Coach!" I yelled, taking off. I ran down the stairs and onto the field. Coach told me to sit on the bench next to Gage and I did. He wrapped an arm around me and it stayed there until after half time was over.