。・:*:・゚before you begin

( a note from the author )

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

HERE'S THE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER: Your face claim should not define the success of your story. It should not define how you write or what you write, it should only serve as a tool to help you.

There are so many people who tell you not to use a certain face claim because they're overused or lack diversity, but that shouldn't impact your decision on who is the best fit for your characters. It's your story to write, no one should be determining how you write.

Diversity is a great thing and face claims have helped with that because it has made people aware of the lack of different ethnicities in the literature world. But, you should not feel pressured into choosing someone you don't believe suits your protagonist— and that's okay.

If you want Lily Collins or Nina Dobrev to be your face claim then go for it. If you think it suits your character then embrace it. And if people complain then that's because they're too shallow to see beyond the face claim. And really, do you want those type of people reading your book?

Take this time to think about the face claim that is right for your protagonist.
There's no better feeling than finding the one, so don't feel pressured into choosing actors you don't really think fit your character.

If you are looking for a more diverse face claim that's great, but don't choose one just to fit a quota. If you're not going to put in the effort to write them correctly, then don't choose them at all.

So please remember that it's your story and your characters. You get to decide what you think is best for that.