30

Friday, July 5th, 2019

Ariana 💕

I woke up from my sleep, feeling a jolting pain in my lower abdomen. I didn't think much of it as I got out of the bed. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I went back to the bed. I looked at the time on my phone, seeing that it was 6am. I groan.

"Really baby girl?" I question.

I feel another pain, groaning. I then feel a wet substance run down my leg. I look down at the floor, seeing a puddle around my feet. My eyes widen.

My water just broke.

I go back to the bathroom, grabbing what I need to clean up the water. After that I waddle my way to the dresser, grabbing a pair of sweats and my Nike hoodie. I slip on my vans and grab the diaper bag. Along with my phone and keys.

I text Ariel, who was in L.A. with my parents ahead of the baby's arrival.

She's making her move 😳.

She replied back in no time.

Ri 💋
What's the hospital address? We're on our way right now.

I text her the hospitals address as I make my way to the door. In no time I'm down the stairs getting myself settled in the drivers seat of my Range.

About 15 minutes into the drive, I feel another pain. I groan, grabbing my belly. I get to the hospital soon, grabbing the diaper bag from the passenger seat. I make my way through the front doors, walking to the front desk.

"How can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asks.

"Ariana Williamson." I say, squirming in slight pain.

She checks the records on the computer.

"You're scheduled for July 17th." She said.

"I know. But I'm in labor now." I say, emphasizing the now.

She nods, calling over a couple of the nurses. After that they were taking me to one of the rooms. They had me strip from my clothing, having me put on a hospital gown. They stuck me with an IV and then put my hospital bracelet on my wrist.

I laid down on the bed, where they checked to see how far I was in dilation.

"So far you are only 2 centimeters dilated." The nurse said.

I groan.

"You will feel some pain as time progresses. Those are contractions. Would you like the epidural?" She asked.

I nod.

"Alright. I'll be right back." She said.

She leaves the room. I look up at the ceiling.

This is it. I'm finally going to meet my baby girl. I can't wait.

The nurse came back. She had me sit up so that she could insert the epidural into my spine. I take a deep breath as she does. Once done I lay back down. After that, I attempt to catch up on sleep.

*****

It was currently 12:30pm. My mom, dad and Ariel were here. All sitting in these brown comfy chairs waiting on the arrival of my baby girl.

"Dr. Smith said she should be here on the 17th. She's 12 days early." I say.

"Maybe she wanted to meet her mama sooner than we thought." Ariel said.