Chapter 12: My Worst Nightmare Yet

A/N: I'm so sorry that this is out late! I know that our due dates are usually on Saturdays and this is on Thursday, but this was a split chapter. On the bright side, I'm working on another story called Love's Bite and it's a vampire 5SOS story! I already have the prologue written out and everything but I haven't posted it yet. Chrystal and I are still going to work on this story while I work on the other story and hopefully I don't get the two plots mixed up but I hope you guys end up enjoying it as much as you guys enjoyed Perfect Darkness and this story. I'm waiting to put a cover on it before I post the prologue. Anyways, as always, enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 12: My Worst Nightmare Yet

How is this possible? He's dead! I thought as I let out a small gasp and backed away from Michael with my eyes wide open due to shock. I know that this necessarily wasn't the reaction he was hoping for but it was the only thing I could do at the moment.

"I knew it," he mumbled, raking his fingers through his hair with a look of frustration. "I fucking knew it!" he yelled, getting angrier by the second at my rejection. The objects around my room started to shake as his anger increased. He was mad. No, he was pissed.

"M-Michael, calm down. Please! The last thing you need to do is hurt someone!" I stuttered as I backed away nervously until I fell back onto my bed.

Michael grew a wicked smile as he looked at me. "No, that's exactly what I need baby girl, and I only know one person that I can actually touch."

I gulped loudly as he slowly crept closer and closer towards me, cornering me. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I looked at Michael in a whole new light. He wasn't the same Michael that had kissed me oh so sweetly just minutes ago. He was the Michael that had a guilty pleasure for killing.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the tears overflowed and chanted over and over again, willing Michael to go away. "Leave me alone. Please, leave me alone," I whimpered.

A hand was placed on my shoulder causing me to open my eyes. I looked up and saw that the hand belonged to Luke. "He's gone. He can't hurt you now," he whispered.

"But he'll come back and when he does, he'll be madder than ever."

"Maybe. It's different with you. Everyone that's down in the basement can see it. Usually when someone new moves in, he scares them off and they move out within the first week but since you're the first one that can see and hear us, it's different from what he's used to and he likes that."

I nodded as everything fell silent until I finally spoke up again. "I'm going to see your death next. I just know it. It's happened with every single one of Michael's victims," I whispered.

Luke sighed. "Well, I'm going to warn you now that you probably won't like what you see."

"When do I?" I asked as I rolled my eyes and Luke disappeared back down to the basement.

******

I didn't want to go to sleep anymore. Even though today was absolute shit and sleep sounds amazing, I'm afraid to see Luke's death. He was the first to warn me about it, and the face he had when he told me how bad it was just gave me bad feelings. I wasn't exactly in the most stable state mentally to see a complete stranger die.

It was around three in the morning when I truly couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I dozed off, my head falling on my pillow, and instantly, I was too far gone.

I was standing in the room, like always, but this time I was seeing things from above.

Luke was standing right in front of Michael, squaring up to him as if trying to intimidate him. Luke's nose was flaring and his eyebrows were deeply furrowed. Michael, on the other hand, stood there, looking up at Luke with his black eyes of hatred.

"I told you to get the fuck out of here." Luke growled.

"And I told you, to shut the fuck up. Who do you think you are? Huh? You think you're the shit, hot shot?" Michael taunted, getting closer to Luke. Luke's tough facade never left but his eyes seemed to widen. He definitely was not expecting that.

Luke shoved Michael hard, and he, Michael, tumbled back a little, and that was the ending point for Michael. Michael charged towards Luke and managed to tackle him.

Michael jumped on top of him and started punching him in the face, or anywhere he could hit Luke.

"Never fucking touch me again." Michael spat, a new wave of rage appearing as he hit Luke harder and harder.

I watched it all and tears were falling quickly down my cheeks as I yelled and yelled for Michael to stop.

In a few minutes, Luke face was unrecognizable and he was bleeding all over. Michael spat on Luke's motionless body before getting out his pistol from the back of his pants.

"Actually you won't live to do it." He seethed. A bullet went straight through Luke's head, and another on his chest. Luke laid there, his face cut up and bleeding, blood pooling around him quickly.

My stomach twisted and I had a sudden urge to vomit. The sight in front of me was so real, so vivid that I couldn't stand to look any longer.

I sat up quickly, sprinting out of bed to the nearest trash can. I bent over and threw up the very little that was in my stomach. I don't know what was coming out, but it wouldn't stop. I felt a cold hand rub my back up and down soothingly.

"Told you." I heard. Luke assisted me until I was back on my bed. His eyes were sympathetic as he rubbed my legs gently.

"I didn't know what I was getting myself into." He sighed sadly.

He stayed with me until I began to doze off again. My brain wasn't functioning by the time Luke had left my room.

I tried to get the image of a bloody Luke out of my brain, but no matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't.