Exhausted

(A/n: I know this chapter is a little short, sorry)

Exhausted from the day you had, you turn the keys to your flat. It's been a long day for you. Work has been especially draining and on top of that you promised your girlfriend to do the grocery shopping for this week. The only thing that kept you going was the promise of a night in, that Lauren had promised you when you left this morning.

You step inside and put the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Babe I'm home", you call out as you start unpacking the bags. You get no response. Instead, you hear muffled yelling coming from the living room. After you put a pack of popcorn into the microwave, you make your way to the back of the flat. Opening the door reveals three girls on your sofa playing Mario Kart.

Normani is the first one to notice you. "Hey, Y/nn" she greets you, her eyes not leaving the screen. The other two glance at you and give you a quick smile. "Lauren let us in. In case you were wondering", Dinah explains before jumping up and screaming in victory. "You owe me 10 dollars Mila!" Camila pouts. "That is so not fair. You and Mani teamed up against me!" "No one said we're playing fair" Normani teases and nudges Camila, which earns her a playful push back. You watch them fondly. "Where is Lo?" you interrupt them. Before they can answer, two arms wrap around your torso and the scent of your shampoo fills your nose.

Your girlfriend clings to your back and leans her head on your shoulder. You turn around. "Hi there." She smiles. Her wet hair falls around her face, her beautiful and clear skin glowing. "Hi, how was work?" You ask Lauren "Stressful, how was your work?" She asked in return "it was alright, nothing new" you answer placing a soft kiss on the tip of her nose.

"I suppose the girls stay overnight?" you ask. A glimpse of concern flashes over Lauren's face, and she lowers her voice. "Is that alright? I mean I can always kick them out if you want that." You give her a soft smile. "Babe it's fine. As long as they don't sleep in our bed again, I'm fine with it." You say chuckling "We're still sorry about that" you hear Camila chirp from the sofa. "Won't happen again." Lauren giggles. Seeing her beautiful green eyes sparkle warms your heart. How could you ever say no to that face?

"Help me in the kitchen?" you request. She nods and you two make your way back to the still unpacked bags and the long-forgotten popcorn. Lauren jumps up and sits on the counter and looks through the food you bought. Her face lights up when she gets hold of a packet of Reeces peanut butter cups. "Thanks baby!" Lauren squeals. Lauren had been going on about how she was craving them for so long, so you decided onto get her some when you were grocery shopping.

You finish unpacking; sharing quick glances at each other, in silence with Lauren's playlist playing quietly in the background and the occasional screaming from the living room. After that, you send her back to get dinner suggestions from your the girls. You insisted that you can cook, but she didn't want to hear that. "I promised you a night in. That includes getting food delivered." You couldn't argue with that logic.

You collectively decide on Chinese and half an hour later the five of you sit in your living room enjoying your take out.

"I'm so full", Camila groans holding her belly. Dinah also lets out a groan to show her agreement and spreads across the couch, putting her leg on Normani's lap. Lauren is snuggled up to your side. She puts her head on your chest and closes her eyes. Mindlessly you play with her hair and a cheeky hand wanders under your shirt. "Are you going to fall asleep on me?" you ask. "Can't help it, I have a comfy girlfriend." You laugh, which in return makes her smile. "You two are disgusting" Dinah comments but you can tell from the tone in her voice that she doesn't mean it. "Shut up, you were the one who introduced us in the first place." Lauren mumbles from your chest "Fair enough." Their bickering makes you crack a tired smile.

Eventually, silence falls over the five of you. Camila and Dinah fall asleep tangled on the sofa while Normani dozes off on the loveseat, her legs dangling off the armrest. "We should go to bed" you whisper into Lauren's ear. "Carry me." Mumbles sleepily. Carefully, you pick her up; bridal style and she wraps her arms around your chest. You manage to get her into bed without knocking something over. By the time you got into one of her shirts and under the blanket next to her she's already half asleep. "Love you" she quietly murmurs. "Love you too." You smile before kissing her forehead and pulling her into you.

~~~~
A/n: hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I was thinking, I'm always writing fluffs and (to me at least) it feels like they're all pretty much the same, so please if you have any requests or ideas let me know. Thanks for reading.

Question: what's your favourite food to take out?

My answer: Chinese

Ok byeee - A.A 🌹✨