Concerned

Jack had rang three times but Nikki still hadn't picked up, and by this point, calling her was getting him nowhere, so he just decided to walk round to her house. Conveniently, Jack had recently started renting a new apartment and it was only a 5 minute walk away from Nikki's house.

Jack put on some shoes, got into his jacket then grabbed his phone, glancing at the time which read 20:13.

He then walked briskly over to Nikki's, wondering why the hell she wasn't picking up her phone. Jack suddenly remembered he could see her location on this messaging app, so he checked to see where her phone was located.
"Online 2 minutes ago - 2 Abbots Street"
That was her address, Jack frowned to himself but he was nearly there anyway so didn't bother being confused.

Less than a minute later, he was at Nikki's house and rang the doorbell. He waited for what felt like an hour but no one came to the door, ringing it again, he crouched down to look through the letter hole.
"Nikki?" he called out into the house. He couldn't see anyone.
He checked his phone again, it still said Nikki was in the house, and she wasn't asleep because she would've been woken up by the doorbell.
Her car was still outside her house, parked on the road, she was definitely in the house.

Sensing something wasn't right, and without a second thought, Jack stepped back and gave a fierce kick to the door. It only partially gave way so Jack kicked again, succeeding this time and making the door swing open.
"Nikki?" he shouted through the house, walking into the lounge. But she was nowhere to be seen. Jack made his way over to the staircase, going to check upstairs, but before he even reached them he saw someone lying on the ground, at the bottom of the stairs. Nikki.

"Nikki!?" Jack gasped, panic and shock running through him. "Nikki, Nikki, Nikki" he repeated her name several times over, running over to her.
Noticing her head was bleeding, and her eyes closed, Jack immediately checked for a pulse. It was steady, and she was breathing. Jack tried to wake her by tapping her shoulders, but she wasn't waking up.
He picked his phone off the floor and called 999.
"Ambulance please. 2 Abbots Street. Yes she's unresponsive with a head injury, hurry please" Jack spoke through the phone, trying to stay calm. Whilst speaking, he glanced back down at Nikki, and noticed her wrist didn't look right, it was bent in the wrong direction.
"And query fractured wrist" he added onto the end of his sentence.
After the call had ended, Jack waited for the ambulance with Nikki unconscious by his side.

"Nikki? Come on, wake up now"
Jack gently pulls Nikki into recovery position, placing her onto her side. He then slumps down next to her, with his head in his hands and feels an overwhelming sense of guilt. This shouldn't have happened. After Mexico, he told himself that he needed to be there for Nikki, and here she is almost dead, and Jack wasn't there for her. Again.