Noticed

Michael's POV
    It's been a week since I began coughing up flowers. A week since the party.

A week since Jeremy called me a loser.

I've had to hide from everyone. My moms, the teachers, and basically everyone in this god forsaken school. It's not like anyone cares though.

Or so I thought.
-----------------
Christine's POV

Today was just a normal day. Sort of. I obviously broke up with Jake because who wouldn't?

I was in the bathroom just doing what I need to do. Until I hear running feet go into one of the stalls and slam the door closed. Okay...that was weird. I hear coughing. Okay, really violent coughing. I'm starting to get worried.

I walk out of the stall and knock on the other one where I hear the coughing from.

"Are you okay in there?" I ask.

I hear silence after that.

"I...uh..I'm having my period." I hear the person try to imitate a girl. It really sucked.

"Okay well it's obvious you're not and this is the girl's bathroom. So you might as get out and go to the nurse."

I hear the stall door unlock and open to see...Michael?

I think that's his name.

He looked pale and there's a bit of blood dripping from his lip.

"Oh my god what happened to you?" I look at him up and down.

He looks away. "It's nothing."

I look behind him to see flower petals on the floor. My eyes widen.

Was he coughing up FLOWER PETALS?

"Okay it's obvious that it's not nothing because there's blood dripping from your mouth and there are flower petals on the ground." I confront him.

"I....well why would you care? Popular people don't care about losers like me." He says with tears in his eyes.

I grab him by the shoulder and look at him straight in the eye.

"Now when did you start believing that? I don't care if I'm popular, I just want to help you."

He responds. "I started to believe that since my best friend left me for popularity."

Jeremy?

"Yeah."

Oh I said that out loud.

"I never thought it would happen but it did." His voice cracks.

"I have a disease called the hanahaki disease where I cough up flowers because of my unrequited love I guess. But the only way to get rid of it is if the person loves me back or surgery." He explains.

"Well why don't you get the surgery?"

Michael pauses.

"Because I don't want to lose my feelings towards Jeremy and it's expensive." He explains.

My gaze softens. He does really care about Jeremy doesn't he?

"Well, I'm here for you."

He looks up.

I move to hug him.

I feel him flinch but, hugs back.

"Thank you."

--------
Hi this is procrastinating author here

I'm very sorry for my delays

But here I am!

Again, cant promise updates very often so sorry.

Bye guys, gals, and nonbinary pals!

PEACE OUT!