Chapter 9

Hey guys, cataclysm08 here! So I just found out that this chapter had been deleted. So I will be writing it again. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused.

———

Adrien looked around, making sure the coast was clear, before running out of the alleyway he was his in. It was currently night, the moon high in the air. Images of hawkmoth and Marinette flashed through his mind making him boil with rage. How could hawkmoth do that?

He always knew hawkmoth was a sick person, but he didn't know he would go as far as stabbing someone. It wasn't a secret that both him and ladybug were on the young side, how could he be so casual about taking someone's life?!

Although, Adrien should of expected something like this, he did terrorise the streets of Paris on a daily basis. 

Once the akuma had stabbed him, he crumpled to the floor, his breath leaving him. He had seen his princess over him, Crystal tears in her eyes.

Her blue hair had tickled his nose and her plump lips looked so kissable, he just couldn't help himself. He could already feel the life draining out of him. He had quickly scanned Marinette's face, making sure to memorise every feature on her face.

Her bluebell orbs, her porcelain skin, the freckles that were sprinkled on the bridge of her nose. He wanted to remember it all.

He had closed his eyes for a brief moment, but found it hard to reopen them. He felt his princess leave him. He wanted to cry out to her, to beg her to stay. But his body didn't cooperate with him. So he just lay there in silence.

Once he managed to open his eyes again, plagg was laying next to him in a heap.

"P-plagg?"

"Hey kid" 

Adrien sat up, wincing at the pain coursing through his abdomen. 

"W-What happened?" Adrien asked, confused.

"I saved your damn life, that's what!" Plagg whined.

It turned out plagg had given some of his life force to Adrien. But he gave him so much that it was hard for plagg to even hover.

"Oh plagg, I'm so sorry" Adrien whispered, distraught.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Just know you owe me loads of Camembert!" He Shouted.

Adrien chuckled before clutching his abdomen in pain. After a couple of minutes just laying on the Eiffel Tower before he got up, scooped plagg up, and made his way down to the pavement below.

And that was how he was alive to this day.

Adrien had seen it all. How his princess had mounred over his "death". When he first saw her in the hospital room holding his hand, he was taken aback.

Plagg, who had noticed his confusion, laughed before explaining.

"It would be pretty weird if your body had just disappeared without a trace. So I took the liberty of creating a double of you. You have to lay low for a while, this was the best I could do".

As much as Adrien wanted to run up to Marinette and embrace her, he knew plagg was right. He had to lay low. 

"Thanks buddy".

For now, Adrien just had to be content with just watching. Call him a stalker if you like, but he had to make sure Marinette was safe. After all, she was prone to get into trouble.

But that didn't stop him from dreaming about their reunion.

'Soon princess, soon'