017. sunflower

i'm just gonna post part one of the plan, and i'll write the oneshot up to that point and then plan it out more as i go along

so here's the first part !!!

↓↓

I'M GONNA YELL ABOUT MY PLANS FOR THE ONESHOT

so the plot is that at the high school, basically everybody except two people believe the stories and rumors (but nobody thinks they're rumors) that ben is a fucking asshole who will do anything to have his way and will fuck with you and mess your life up

and one of the three (rami, joe, and gwilym) get paired up to tutor him (maybe for social studies bc it's his last period and he always skips it for something more important)

so allen and lucy are ben's best and only friends. allen and ben have been friends forever, and lucy became friends with them when she found them arguing over that allen needed to pass his class. and they're friends and they're the best.

so let's say rami is the one who has to tutor him. he's cold to him, asking for his number so he can text him when they'll meet up, and ben nods and gives it to him, but before rami leaves to go catch up with the two, ben gives him a smile and a wave.

rami's confused, obviously. why did the asshole wave? he talks about it with joe and gwilym, and they all decide ben was faking.

the next day, they get to school early, and as they pass the music room, they hear someone playing the drums, hard. so they decide to stop and listen, and maybe sneak a peak.

soon though, the drums stop and they back away, walking down the hall, glancing back to see if the mystery person would come out. and surprise! it's ben!

they're surprised and confused, but before they can ask any questions, ben is running past them in the halls.

later at lunch, rami finally texts ben, asking if they could have a tutor session that afternoon. ben replies, saying yes, but asking if they would go to the school library or town library? rami says school, and after school, he walks in a few minutes late to find ben sitting in the back, reading the history book intently.

rami coughs to get his attention, and ben looks up, brightening.

he asks what they're going to do, and rami's surprised because he's never seen someone so happy to learn.

they go over everything that ben needs to br tutored on, and rami almost thinks that this is a sick joke, that ben doesn't actually need to be tutored, but halfway through, he points in confusion at a word. "what's that?"

rami stares, because it's literally simple. "a country. that we learned at the start of the year."

"i wasn't in school at the start of the year."

and that explains why rami only noticed him a month in.

after the tutor session (where rami was very cold) ben offers to drive him home. ("it's the least i can do since you said yes to tutoring me.") now rami's starting to feel bad, because ben offered to drive him home, even though he's the one who tutored him. he refuses at first, but he eventually agrees. ben drives him home, and when they ar+ owenrive, rami notices that ben waits until he's inside to drive away.

he doesn't know how to feel.

the next day, ben's at school early, and rami has to go to the library, and he finds ben in there, allen across from him.

"okay, we learned this in eighth grade: pythagorean theorem."
"a-squared plus b-squared equals c-squared."
"yeah! now, we learned this in elementary, and i'm not certain you'll be able to tell me what you do."
"c'mon ben, you know i can handle it."
"alright, if you say so. what do you do during addition."
"literally, ben, go fuck yourself."

rami goes to the bookshelves and watches for a few minutes, and he's kind of shocked, because ben 1. has a friend and 2. he's being nice with him (and he doesn't know rami's there, which means it can't be an act).

later, he sees ben accidentally knock someone over, but he also watches him immediately help them up and picks up all of their stuff for them, but when he gives it over with a smile, the girl glares at him and loudly says "fuck you." and everybody glares because if she said "fuck you", then it has to be bad.

but rami knows better. he saw ben be nice. he saw ben try to help the girl. he saw ben try to help, and he saw the girl be rude for no reason.

I DIDNT REALIZE I WROTE 765 WORDS FOR THE PLAN OH MY GOD SKSKKS

also as a reminder, i'm always in the ashton defense squad 😤
i should probably go work on the oneshot but idk what the title would be

i might put

temporary title

youngblood

rumors

you can't believe everything you hear

Idk which

ALSO I FORGOT IF I ALREAFY PUT IT IN A PREV CHAP BUT NY RTI TEACHER MADE A FOREPLAY JOKE IN CLASS

IN MY CHRISTIAN MIDDLE SCHOOL