Camp

Camp.
The best time to relax, no?
The best place to have fun with your friends in the summer months.
The best place to admire nature.
The best place to deal with cooperative, listening campers.
...
"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, MAX! STOP DROPPING MATCHES EVERYWHERE!" Gwen shouted lividly.
Max sprinted through the grouplets of campers in the mess hall, matches lit in his hand.
      "NEVER!!"
      "Max, please, put the matches down! You were there for fire safety class, right?" David tried to assist Gwen, chasing after Max as well.
      "I was there, until the tent for it burnt down!"
        "Oh, right. Well, still! I don't want you to get burnt!"
      "I'LL BURN YOU!!"
Before David could respond, his phone started going off. "I know, you see somehow the world will change for me, and be so wonderful, live life, breathe air
I know somehow we're gonna get there
And feel so wonderful, I will make you change your mind-" David quickly answered the phone, his face flushed red.
      David tried to answer the phone over nearly the whole room's not-so-subtle laughter.
       "Uh yes? Hello?"
      David's eyes widened, a spark of joy lighting up his face.
       "I- and you're sure he wanted-? ...O-of course, haha! I'll- I'll be right down!"
     David hung up, the majority of the campers watching expectantly as if he would tell them all every detail. He raced over to Gwen, barely able to contain his excitement.
     "Gwen, I have to take off for about half an hour, ok?"
     Gwens face showed her confusion vividly.
      "Care to explain what's going on? Who called?"
      "Well.." David started, "the hospital called, and-"
      "Oh, Christ. Who died? Why are you happy? Was it Mr Campbell? The Woodscouts' leader? Max's parents? Come on, break the news!"
      At this point, more than a few campers were eavesdropping. "Well, it's none of those.."
He smiled and stood up straight. "Do you remember Daniel?"
      Any sign of joy on Gwen's face immediately disappeared.
      "Oh, HELL NO. We are not bringing THAT guy back to camp. No way. I mean, I didn't see why he did, but the kids made it clear he's not coming back."
   More campers got closer, listening in. David inched away from them casually, continuing the conversation.
      "Oh, no! I'm just picking him up from the hospital and dropping him off at his apartment!" Gwen sighed in relief.
      "Ok, but, can you at least take Max or something? One more match is going to push me over the edge, and make me start lighting matches too." Luckily, Max was right next to David at the time, distracted by a recording app on David's phone. Before he could act, David swiftly picked him up.
      "DAVID, PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN! I DON'T WANNA SEE THAT CREEPY ASS CULT LEADER AGAIN!"
      David dismissed Max's pleas reassuringly and walked outside with him still in hand. Gwen waved, singing the lyrics of the iCarly theme song mockingly. David rolled his eyes, the lyrics automatically continuing in his head. He hopped in the car with Max reluctantly climbing in the back and began pulling out of the campground.