Chapter 13: Solving the Case

Now, just before we start, I have to apologize for quite the delay. Remember: this story follows along with Rachel's story, but more corrected.

Also, MY GOD it's been THIS LONG since the previous chapter, but at least she told me that it might come to a climax in the next couple of chapters.

Besides that, it's time to continue where we left off.

---

The next afternoon, Natsume and Keisuke arrived at the Detective agency, when Akinori greeted them as he got ready to announce their next case.

"We worked everything out with our parents." Natsume spoke.

Akinori grinned, "That's great! Now, we can work on our next case! We have to find out who Junior's real parents are!"

"You're still not over that...?" Natsume sighed in disbelief.

Keisuke butted in, "Come on! Wasn't it weird that two random strangers pretended to be Junior's parents?!"

"I guess... Since we haven't had a case for some time, we might as well do this one." Natsume regretted her decision, since she thought it would end up being pointless.

"Alright! Way to go!" Akinori patted Natsume on the back.

Keisuke wondered, "Where's Touma and Ayame?"

"They're out for now. Touma invited her over and came by to show off his new pets...or whatever he calls them." Akinori rolled his eyes.

Natsume added, "We should tell them the case is on."

"Exactly! I'll lead the way!" Akinori proudly marched outside, with Natsume and Keisuke following him.

Meanwhile, Kyubi checked on Fumi at her expense, and went in without asking first, which was a mistake he wish he didn't have to do, since he intruded on Fumi, who was in a bathrobe.

"Kyubi?!" Fumi went wide eyed.

"I'm sorry...this is a bad time..." Kyubi blushed nervously.

Fumi sighed, "At least knock first before you enter."

"Of course," Kyubi bowed down as he apologized.

Fumi raised a brow, "I'm assuming you want something from me?"

"Oh yes...I was wondering...since you and Keita...aren't a thing...what if I took you out...on a date?" Kyubi cracked a smile.

Fumi pondered, "Hmm...I'm not ready for that kind of commitment, you know..."

"Oh...I see..." Kyubi mumbled softly.

"But...we can go and get some friends." Fumi suggested.

Kyubi faked a grin, "Of course, that sounds great! Sorry for bothering you!"

Kyubi left Fumi's apartment in an awkward mood as fast as he could. By the time he was outside, he had clinched his hand onto his chest and was out of breath.

"That wasn't planned...if I can't win Fumi with my charms...I need to learn how to win her over...from someone of her kind..." Kyubi thought for a second, and spoke out, "...and that would be...a single parent."

He left the property and took his plan into action.

An hour passed and Orochi was still at the agency, which was a distraction from the norm. Akinori didn't want to be rude and kick him down. If he did that, he thought Orochi would literally murder someone, but to his dismay, he had to wait until he left to even start; the biker stood there, watching the others fool around at being amazed by Akinori, as Orochi was growing impatient.