Chapter 2 - The Revelation Darkness

I have not set on this campaign in excitement nor in hostility, nay I have set on this campaign to seek reform for my grandfather's Nation "

Imam Hussain son of Ali (Peace be upon him and his family)

The night sky was unusually clear and perfectly lit by a full moon. It was a black canvas littered with tiny specs competing with one another for a spot. Looking back at the city you'd mostly notice darkness as it's inhabitants rested in their beds. However, a single faint flickering candle light can be seen through the singular window of the city Mosque. This was a regular sight for the local residents be it a clear beautiful night or dark and gloomy. A blue eyed man emerged from a dark alley way and set his sights tightly on the window with the flickering candle. He moved towards it holding something under his cloak. As he moved towards the light a shadow of a tall man with his hands up in supplication appeared through the window. The blue eyed man stopped at the door step of the mosque and said, In the name of Allah the most merciful. He then proceeded to kick off his sandals and walked in. with his blue eyes he stared at the tall figure who held his silver beard with his fair skinned right hand and his left hand before him as if asking for alms from the almighty. "Sir, why do you not rest ? dear Imam Hussain Your grandfather once said that even your body has its rights" the blue eyed man said pleadingly. Hussain released his beard and turned to answer ; "thank you for your concern john but my grandfather also recited the holy Quran in which the verse says... also john i remind you of my father's words in which he said; if I rest in the day time I would forsake my people and if I rest in the night I would forsake myself" Hussain said this with clear exhaustion in his eyes. truthful to his grandfather and fathers teachings Hussain would spend the night in a marathon of worship. The Holy Quran says Hussain's grandfather the Prophet is but a man. An extraordinary man but still flesh and blood susceptible to hunger, injury and over exertion. What sets him apart and above any normal man is his devotion to Allah. Because of this the Prophet became a Masoum, an infallible being in the eyes of his creator. The same is true for his descendant Hussain whose devotion to his creator fuelled his limbs in countless repetition of prayer. True enough, late in the night over exertion has taken its toll. Hussain's voice tapered down to a whisper as he conversed with john. Finally, his body gave in and Hussain's ethereal soul could, if just for a moment, return to the other realm of existence from which it came. His soul pierced the vail of worldly existence and peered into a place where truths are revealed. Hussain's eyes opened in this unearthly realm as it has many times before. Except this time the scene was truly strange. He was looking at Mecca of all places. Hussain looked at the city and became deeply distressed. It was not the vibrant Mecca he knew instead it was a dark and weary place. A moments blink and Hussain found himself a few footsteps from the Kaaba. There he started to veer his sight towards the top of the cube megalith to find a velvet storm distant but approaching fast. Mere seconds passed before the storm was on top of the Kaaba bringing with it a furies wind which turned the sky dark red. The wind slashed at his face like a whip and although it was like a dream world, Hussain was conscious of this realty and had full control of his faculties. He steadied himself against the roaring wind, shut his eyes and took a quick breath. Again he was transported to a new place, this time it was a desert with a singular oasis in the distance. The sky still red, Hussain now found the sun beaming down in full strength forcing him to squint and finally see a horrific seen. With an audible voice he said "Allah have mercy on their souls" immediately after he willed himself back into his tired earthly form and opened his earthly eye's. he found himself in prostration, Hussain slowly lifted his head off the sand to find john standing looking as if he had seen an apparition. Hussain smiled warmly at john while saying "do not be troubled John, tell me what happened" the mere smile from the kind hearted Hussain always managed to put any troubled mind it encountered to ease. John was no different. Seeing his beloved master so blissful in his features quickly brought the colour back to his pale face. John replied "I... I don't know what happened. we were talking and suddenly the atmosphere turned vivid red, the air became cold and hard to breathe and I felt a dark presence all around me. But sir, what drained the blood from my features was strangest of all. I heard you say with sorrow in your voice, Allah have mercy on their souls, and... and a reply with of voice as if many spoke in unison full of anger full of rage screamed, THEY ARE FORESAKEN!" Hussain's smile was gone replaced with an expression of anguish. John continued "Sir, who are forsaken? What happened to you just now? He said with obvious fear.