Chapter 12: Dealing

Joanna smiled at her little sister, her brown eyes twinkling under the clear skies, but her look immediately turned into a frown.

"Are you sure, that you are ready for this?" She asked.

Wendy scrunched her nose, "Jo, this is Frederick we're talking about. I don't need to wait to bring him back."

Joanna sighed, "But Wendy, we don't know how you are doing, or how your powers will react and let's take for a fact that you're still injured."

The black-haired witch looked at her older sister, "I know... But we have to do it. Frederick is family, and I owe it to Elena, at least."

Joanna's face twisted into a painful frown, she missed Elena, they had great times when they were younger. They were like three normal sisters.

Until I decided to help into getting her to the Underworld, Joanna thought, but she was snapped out of her reverie when she felt a soft, warm hand on her forearm and a small voice "Jo?"

Brown eyes focused back on the scene playing before her as she looked intently into Wendy's icy blue eyes, "Are you ready to do this?" Wendy asked.

Joanna took a moment to think, was she really ready for this? Frederick was her child, but endangering Wendy's life again? That did not sit right with her.

"I think it is best if I check you first. Your injuries and your magic, I mean. We still need to find out why your wounds returned out of the nowhere."

Wendy sighed, "Jo, we don't have time. I waited until now to bring Frederick, we got to know who killed him because that can be a future problem, not only for us, but for everyone else. We can explore everything else later," Her piercing eyes locked onto Joanna's.

The brunette frowned, she wanted to bring her son back, desperately, but at what cost? There were so many questions regarding Wendy and it made Joanna immensely uneasy not knowing what could happen to her sister from that moment on.

Would she be able to bring Frederick? Probably. Would she be alright after it? She didn't know. Would Wendy be able to handle her new powers? She didn't know that either. How would these changes affect her family? She didn't know either. Would this affect her sister's relationship with Tommy? She didn't have an answer and it irritated her to no end. She was Joanna Beauchamp, Matriarch of the Beauchamp family and one of the most powerful and gifted witches, only second to the King of Asgard himself.

After a moment's worth of pondering and weighing pros and cons, Joanna let out a puff of air and looked into her sister's eyes, darker than ever before.

Whatever Elena did to Wendy down there, changed her. The brown-eyed woman wanted to be mad at Elena so, so badly. She wanted to hate her. She couldn't. She just couldn't. Because it was her fault that Elena did what she did, if Joanna hadn't believed their father, if she hadn't lied to Wendy, all of that could have been avoided, right?

"Jo, we're witches, we're Beauchamps, you can't wonder the what if's., Wendy said startling Joanna.

The brunette's eyes widened for a second and she spluttered, "How- wha-"

Wendy looked down, her head bowed, "Sorry... I just can't 'turn it off'." She said doing quotation signs with her hands. Joanna frowned, her eyes reflecting her worry.

"It's okay, Wendy. It must be hard to suddenly have all these... Abilities, and I'm so, so, so sorry that all of this is happening to you because of what Father and I did. It's all really my fault that yo-"

"Don't, Jo. None of this was your fault. We were all young and he was the manipulator. We, all three of us were just... Part of his game." Wendy extended her hand and swiftly grabbed Joanna's and squeezed.