Chapter Twenty Two- Pressure

Ellie's POV:

"You shouldn't be used to it. Jesus, Ellie, people don't treat other people like this in the real world! When you do get into college, you're going to have to have a backbone. If you don't find it now, you're never going to find it," Harry snapped. His voice was harsh and I took a deep breath, debating what to respond.

"I'm sorry that you seem to think I don't have a backbone and I'm sorry that I don't believe in stooping to Katie's level of bitchy behavior. The fact that she is trying to bring me down just proves I'm already above her which is why I was calm about the whole thing," I said calmly. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going home now." We only had seven minutes of school left and I walked through the commons, out toward the student parking lot. Calling Louis, he immediately answered and I ignored Harry calling behind me.

"Hey, can you give me a ride?" I asked, out of breath from where I was walking away from Harry so fast.

"Is Harry not with you?" he asked.

"We had a slight disagreement."

"Ah. I see. We can go to Starbucks and chat all about it," he chuckled.

"Perfect," I smiled. Hanging up, I walked toward Louis' car in the parking lot and patiently waited for him. Seeing his short, toned legs wading toward me in his skinny jeans and t-shirt, I wanted to cry. Not because his outfit was great, but because Harry and I had gotten into an argument, specifically on my birthday. Louis wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly before we got in his car and headed toward the closest Starbucks. Walking inside, we ordered our drinks and walked toward a table, comfortably sitting across from one another.

"So, how did Harry screw up this time?" he sighed.

"It wasn't just him. It was equal." Explaining everything that happened with Katie and what Harry had said, I let out a deep breath when I was done.

"Damn. You both are more stubborn than I thought," Louis chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

"Harry lo-" Louis quickly stopped. "Really really likes you and he wants the best for you. I see where you're coming from about Katie but you also have to understand that it isn't okay for people to treat you like that."

"I mean, I know, but I can't think of anything clever to say back so, I usually just kind of cower."

"It's okay love, I used to be the same way." Finishing our coffee, it was almost 5 o'clock and Louis reluctantly took me back to Harry's house. Pulling into the driveway, I gave him a small hug.

"Give him hell," he winked before I got out and walked up the driveway. Walking inside, I closed the front door behind me as quietly as I could. Bleakly walking up the stairs and realizing no one was home, I felt drained and exhausted. Starting the hot water in Harry's tub, I let it fill enough before undressing and sinking into the hot, bubbly water. Closing my eyes I felt all the tension release from my body and I let out a sigh with a small smile. Shaving, I felt ready to take on the world as I stepped from the now Luke-warm water and wrapped a towel around me. Walking toward my bag in the corner, I changed into a pair of leggings and a big, purple sweater that was almost dress like on my tall figure. Drying my hair with the towel, I laid down in Harry's bed and inhaled his calming scent before my eyes got the better of me and I fell asleep.

-------

"Ellie?" a voice woke me from the deep sleep I had been enjoying and I rolled over to see Harry sitting next to me on the edge of his bed, hand on my hip. Rolling back over and facing away from him, I felt tears well up in my eyes and I quickly got rid of them, refusing to cry for no reason.