Plane ride to LA

Gibbs pov:
I was at a murder scene when Callen had called me. My team kept on looking over the whole time, that's why I slipped the conversation to German. Knowing Callen long enough, It was clear that he would put the phone on speaker and not hand the phone over. When we ended the phone call DiNozzo walked over with a curious expression.
„Not now Tony, I need to leave for some days, watch out for the rest, will you!?" I say before he got a chance to start with his questions. He looked shocked since I usually never use his prename, nor would I just leave a crime scene like that. Not caring right now, I turn around and head to my car. They can ride back together with Ducky, otherwise they can call a cab. Hearing them shout behind me to wait and tell them what's going on, but right now I don't have the time for that. Getting in the car, to hurry back to my house. I need to get some clothes and my passport. While packing everything I need, I quickly call in a favor by an marine captain. He promised that a plane will be waiting at the airport and true to his word there it stands! Just as I was about to take a seat the whole team entered the plane. Looking at them in question as they just take a seat without a word.
„What are you guys doing here!? I gave you the direct order to sort out the murder case from earlier!" I ask them angrily. How did they even know from that damn flight? It was flying under the radar after all!!
„Sorry boss, but the director got a call from Hetty Lange." DiNozzo answers quickly.
He doesn't have to say more because i already know what the meaning behind this is and it pissing me of, that's why I interrupt him right away!
„Let me guess, she asks for help on a special case?" I nearly seethed out.
„That's correct boss." he answers not in the least imitated by my bad mood. I shake my head mad at everyone at the moment, the most at myself since I couldn't keep El safe. That asshole Drago is so going to regret to even think of targeting her again!!! Trying to calm myself as best as I can, but every time I think that I got myself in check, a flashback of how I found her bloody and bruised comes back to haunt me. Ok, cool down Jethro! This flight takes 6 hours, time enough to form a plan!! Hopefully Callen is keeping my baby safe till I get there, otherwise hell is going to rise! I hear the 3 young agents whisper to one another about the case they are getting to. That instantly perks my interest and I walk over to sit with them. Maybe it wasn't the worst idea to get some more help to take down that idiot. But this time prison won't do it. No, this time i would make sure he would disappear forever! They shut up when I took a seat but after a glare they get to work.
„The victim doesn't cooperate, nor talk with any of the agents. She ether is to afraid or knows more than she wants to admit." McGee says warily as he sees me glaring at him.
„They were thinking of taking her fingerprints to get her name and details, she appears to be pretty young. Agent Callen is refusing to let anyone near her, that's why we still don't have identity." Bishop follows up after McGee stopped. Feeling a smirk form on my face at that information, i knew I could count on Callen to keep her safe. Knowing that they are going to find out sooner or later I decided to tell them at least the basics.
„Her name is Elouise Gibbs, she is my daughter." i start off, ignoring their indrawn breath and shocked faces.
„8 years ago we were going after a drug ring. It was in the time the director had you guys in other departments, that's the reason you don't know the name Drago. We went into an old warehouse, his supposed whereabout and drug lab. He was there indeed, we arrested him and secured the facility. That's when I found her, bloody and bruised, hanging from a ceiling in a small back room. We found out that Drago was her foster dad. He was beating her up and nearly never gave her some food or water." taking a deep breath before going on.
„When we got her to the hospital, it was nearly to late to safe her life. But she made it! The doctors were worried because she wouldn't liked anyone near her or even worse touch her. She also refused to talk to anyone, that's when they asked me to come visit her, hoping she would at least talk to me since I got her out there." I smile slightly when I remember her big smile when she saw me walk into the room.
„She was waving me closer to her and hugged me, whispering a thank you in my ear so no one else would hear her. Since she was only 17, they were searching for a new foster home for her. I couldn't risk her getting another shitty one, so I ask her how she would feel about if I would adopt her. Since then she is my daughter and we are a happy family." i tell them with a small smile.
„She went to LA for a job offer yesterday. Only 2 hours after her plane left I got word that Drago broke out of prison and was looking for her. I called her to tell her to come back home and to keep her head down. He apparently told some guys to kidnap her. That's how she got to Callen, he was on observation with Sam when they saw the attempt of her kidnapping. She wouldn't talk to them, because the only people she talks to, are those, she really trusts so me, Abby and one of her doctors. They obviously didn't know that and thought she may be deaf and mute. Trying to get her to talk they tried with pen and paper, but the only think she wrote down was my number and our safeword. That's why Callen called earlier." I tell them and finally look at them again. They are still trying to process the information I just told them, so I let them get their thoughts straight and stayed quiet. Which is good because I really don't like much talking and that's exactly what I just did. It took them not as long as I thought to be honest. DiNozzo was the first to rap his head around the whole thing.
„What do you need us to do?" he asks determined and already in senior field agent character it seems.
„Whatever is necessary to keep my daughter safe!" I answer without really thinking about what else to say. Seeing them nod at me before they start looking for Dragos whereabout. Seeing the small clock nearby i sigh deeply, only one hour till we land at LAX.
„Don't worry Gibbs, we are going to find him and keep your daughter safe!" Bishop says softly while laying a hand on my shoulder. Smiling back at her in thanks! I know we are going to stop him before he gets El into his grasp, but still I worry.
„Bishop is right Boss. Our team is family, so if they think they can mess with one of us they don't know what family means." McGee adds in. Smiling at our small group, McGee is right, we are more than just a team, we are family!
„Thank you guys. I really appreciate that!" I tell them quietly.

Finally we land at LAX! When we get off the plane, a black SUV parks in front of us. Seeing it's Sam, Callen's partner, I start walking up to him. We all get in the car and we start our drive to the boatshed. Sam makes small talk with the others while I internally tell him to drive faster. We pulled up only 15 minutes later in front of their „safe house". Not waiting for the others, I instantly run into the building. Hetty, Granger, Kensi and Deeks stand a little to the side, but no sight from G or El. They waved me over, but I don't have time for that right now. Going for their interrogation room since G said that he would be there. As soon as I opened the door G turns around glaring at me before realizing it's me.
„Dad!" El screams and ran over to me. Having her finally in my arms puts me a bit at ease. I softly kiss her head and pull her even closer if that's possible. G walks over slowly with a cheeky grin.
„Never thought you were the hug kind of guy Gibbs." he says jokingly. Seeing how relieved he is that I finally got here, makes me pull him into the hug.
„Thanks G! Thanks for keeping her safe!" I tell him quietly. Not knowing if the others are watching from outside or not. He smiles at me shyly for getting hugged not used to it, especially not from me since I normally don't do hugs. Well not for anyone except El and Abby.
„Does Hetty or anyone else of your team understand German? I just want to have a safe way of communicating if something goes wrong." I ask him when he slowly removes himself from our hug.
„As far as I know they don't, but I can't guarantee!" he says sounding sorry for not being able to clarify.
„That's fine Callen, we are just going to act like they don't." I tell him. El is still clinging to me, but that's completely fine with me. I wouldn't let her go anyway. Slowly opening the door I call Tony over to me. He immediately walks over, not caring that he leaves a conversation without a word.
„Could you please inform everyone about what I told you guys on the plane?" I ask him. Nodding once before he asks if it would be ok with me, to introduce the new family member to the rest of them. Hearing that El lifts up her head with a giddy smile on her face. Abby always tells her everything about all of them so she knows a lot about them. And yes Abby of course knows, not only because she was on board by that case but also for support when it comes to girls talk. Smiling softly at her before I wave Ellie and Tim over as well.
„Hey! I'm Ellie, it's really nice to meet you!" Ellie smiles and try's to sign as well. Her wrong signing made El giggle quietly. The soft smiles that formed on all their faces relax me, finally my family knows about one another.
„Hello El, my name is Tim. Welcome to the family!" Tim says softly not even trying to sign since he has no clue how it works.
„And I'm" Tony starts but El interrupts him by signing. I laugh out loud at the fact that she just finished his sentence. I feel everyone staring at me shocked that I can laugh I guess, but I don't care right now.
„She just finished your sentence. Abby told her that you always introduce yourself with the same, i'm supervisory special agent Anthony DiNozzo!" I answered their unasked question. El nodded quickly at what I said, grinning from ear to ear.
„Wait, Abby knew!? That's not fair!" Tony states and pouts at us. Slowly El walks over to him, looking a bit unsure before softly hugging him. It was just for a second but for her this was extrem, she never touches anyone but Abby and myself willingly. Tony smiles softly at her, while some tears shimmer in his eyes. Looks like our tough Tony got a soft spot for his little sister. The others look at him clearly jealous at their shared hug. Softly kissing her head since she got back to hiding into my neck after their hug. The four agents smile one more time softly at El and went back out to get everyone briefed on the situation.