Chapter 15.

Mari's POV

        "C'mon Mari," Harry says softly as he stands up. "We've got to go." I quickly wipe my tears away with the back of my hand and take a deep breath. I probably look terrible right now, but I don't even care. I use all of the strength that I currently have to stand up and I fold my arms across my chest. My legs feel like jelly but Harry stands beside me to make sure that I maintain my balance. Harry continues to look at me, his green eyes full of concern. But I try to give him a small smile reassuring him that I am okay. But I'm the farthest thing from being okay right now...

         Suddenly I hear the sound of a ringtone going off and I take my phone out of my pocket to see if it's my phone and it's not. "Is that you?" I ask Harry before raising my eyebrow at him.

        "No," he says before wrinkling his face up in confusion. As I walk closer to Brad's corpse the ringtone gets louder and I realize that it must be his phone ringing. I get back down on my knees and begin to fish through his pockets trying to find the phone. Some of his blood from his wounds gets on my hands and I gulp slowly, trying to resist the urge to throw up right now.

        After what seems like a million years and the several urges to throw up, I finally fish out his phone and look at the screen. 

        It reads:

         Damon would like to Facetime with you.

        Damon.

        I quickly press the accept button and the screen begins to load. "It's Damon," I mumble to Harry and I hear several twigs on the ground snap as he nears me. I quickly stand up so that both me and Harry can see the screen and then Damon's face appears on the screen.

        "Do you have them yet?" he says, not even looking at the camera. It seems like he is focusing on some paperwork and I watch as he glides his pen across the paper as he's writing. "Brad are you going to fucki-" As soon as Damon's eyes meet the camera they quickly turn a darkish-grey and he flashes me a devious smile. "Ahh Mari," he says. "Nice to see you again. Glad to see you're doing well." Yeah you little prick, you didn't manage to kill me. His eyes linger over to Harry and they slightly widen. "Now who is this?" he asks with that stupid ass smile on his face still. "Is he your boyfriend as well? Tsk, tsk Mari. I know Zayn will not be happy about this."

        "Where's Will?" I growl through my teeth, completely ignoring his irrelevant comments.

         "Oh he's just fine," he says before beginning to write on the paper placed in front of him again. "He's just hanging out." The way he puts emphasis on the word 'hanging' causes me to clench my jaw and my stomach begins to feel queasy.

        "You better not fucking touch him!" I shout. "I swear that I will fu-"

        "You will fucking what?" he snaps, cutting me off from saying anything else. "Kill me?" he says before laughing devilishly. His eyes are staring straight into mine and it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. The darkness hidden in his blue eyes is still there and this is what I've discovered that the true Damon looks like. His light blue eyes and welcoming presence is just a façade, and he only uses it to get what he desires. But in actuality he is a true monster, fueled by desire, hate and greed. "Do you know how many times someone has threatened to kill me during my lifetime Mari?" he questions me. "Too many for me to fucking count. But I am still here aren't I?"