Doing The Deed

I should be studying but instead I'm feeding this monster of a fandom.

___________________________

"How do we find out who this guy is?" Luther asks.

"I know!" Allison chips in. "We just need to check if there's any records of him at the library. Trust me, they keep records of basically everybody."

"Well then I guess the library it is."

I'm still worried about having to kill this guy. We don't even know who he is. For all we know, he could be the librarian. Then Five takes a turn in the direction opposite the library.

"Where are we going?" Luther asks when he notices we turned off course.

"We still need to get Diego. Currently he's keeping Hazel and Cha Cha off my trail, but we need him here with us if we have any hope of stopping the apocalypse. But we also need to avoid being slaughtered by Hazel and Cha Cha. So we go in there and help him take them out."

"I know those guys!" I yell suddenly, remembering those were the code names of the people who tortured me until Diego's girlfriend came to help. "Those were the people who tortured me."

"All the more reason to kill them." And with that, Five crashed the van directly into a cheap motel.

Rubble crashed down on the roof of the van, but before any large debris could hit us Five quickly backed out.

"What are you doing?" Allison shouted at Five. She was right beside me so it was nothing but he screaming in my ear. It's not like anyone cares about poor old Klaus though.

"Last time we weren't able to defeat them when they barged into our house, so I just thought we could pay them a nice little surprise before we go in there and use our powers. And also our weapons." Five opened up a small drawer in front of the drivers seat. It popped open to reveal a bunch of small hand held guns crammed in there.

"Take these." He handed us each one. "Open fire on anything that isn't Diego."

I wasn't ready for this.

I wasn't ready to kill again.

All this reminded me of being in Vietnam.....Constantly rushing into battle at random times....I remember one particular surprise ambush.

It's humid out and I'm sweating like crazy. Finally, a few hours ago I was able to fall asleep. I never get enough sleep after everything I've been through, usually I just end up going to the bar and drinking all night until I get back here and pass out drunk, but tonight Dave was cuddled up against me and we had fallen asleep talking. My dreams were sweet for once, as opposed to the bloody nightmares that I was constantly having.

That was when I woke up to the sound of people screaming and boots stomping outside our tent. I heard the Sargent screaming at people outside our tent.

I look over beside me to see Dave's eyes wide with fear and horror. I jumped up and grabbed my helmet. So did Dave. There was no choice. We had to fight. Whether we were ready for it or not, we had to go fight.

I exited the tent to be greeted by a pile of bodies, the Vietcong had already killed so many. The Sargent was screaming at soldiers to fight, yelling for medics. At least twenty had already died.

I wondered how many more would die in this atrocious war.

I don't want to think about Vietnam right now. I look over at Dave and smile. He's might be dead but at least he's here with me. He recognizes the far away look in my eyes. I had a theory that he knew I had just had a flashback.

"Are you okay?" He whispers to me. I shake my head. I can feel tears coming on but I don't want to cry in front of everyone. Dave wraps his arms around my torso. I feel better already. I grabbed the gun that was sitting on the floor of the van and went out to go join the others.

I could see someone in a pink animal mask shooting at Allison, she was trying to take cover behind the van. When I exited a bullet whizzed past my ear and almost hit me. That was a close  call. I ducked down and aimed at the guy in the blue mask who was locked in hand to hand combat with Diego. I missed Diego by an inch and hit the ground. Maybe not the best of ideas. I didn't have time to process anything that was happening, bullets were flying past me left and right and I barely knew which side I was supposed to be on. More bullets flew past me. It was too much. I curled up in a ball in the middle of the battlefield. I knew I was about to get shot. I might as well let them.

I cradled my head in my hands. It was loud, there was screaming and shouting, then I realized that the ghosts were the ones screaming.

Klaus

Klaus stop

Klaus you need to fight

Shoot them

Shoot them all

Get up and fight Klaus

Klaus

Klaus

No

Klaus

I won't do it

Klaus

I won't fight anymore

Klaus

No

Klaus

I refuse to fight. I can't do it anymore. I'm done with fighting. I refuse to fight anymore.

That's when I finally get hit. A searing pain rips up my arm to my shoulder, I cry out in pain. Dave is by my side, he's saying something but I can't hear it through the ringing in my head. All I can focus on is how much my arm hurts. I apply pressure on it with my right arm, blood is getting everywhere, spilling out all over my jeans and on the ground. I look over at the others, they don't notice, they're too focused on trying to get a clean shot at Hazel and Cha Cha. That's when I get shot again. This time in the head. It's over. Everything has finally gone dark. Completely black. It's dark, but for some reason I'm not afraid. I just feel at ease. There's nothing left. I'm dead. That's when I see a light, and I know that god doesn't intend to let me rest peacefully.