Just A Friend

I sat, now back in my own clothes, on Damien's bed. Arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed, and foot tapping impatiently.

Damien sat, his hair a mess, head in his hands, glasses beside him and phone tossed across the room. We had been sitting in this silence for about ten minutes now. He refused to answer me.

"Damien."

No response. He only kept his head in his hands. Scoffing, I stood.

"Fine, don't speak to me then. I'm going home."

"No.!" He pleaded, standing up and grabbing my hand. I turned to face him, seeing his eyes blood shot and scared. Fear was thorough through his whole body.

"Look, she's just an old friend from school."

"If she was just a friend, you wouldn't have snatched your phone from my hands and ignored me for ten minutes."

"No, I'm telling the truth!"

"Then let me see the messages if it's all innocent."

He bit his lip, letting go of my hand and running his fingers through his hair.

"Why won't you just trust me?!"

"Really?!" I laughed, and walked over to grab his phone. When I went to put on the passcode, he took it from me, shoving it into his pocket.

"Thought so, I'm leaving."

"Wait! Y-you can't I drove you here!"

"Then I'll call someone to pick me up." I snapped at him, pulling on my shoes and heading for the door. He tried stopping me, pointing at the clock on the wall. "Who on earth would come pick you up at almost midnight?!"

"I don't know, maybe I'll call Shayne."

And with that, I walked out, slamming the door behind me. I could hear Damien yelling inside, but I chose to ignore it as I opened my phone. His porch light reflecting my face off of my phone screen, where tears now began to fall. I could feel my heart shattering in my chest, as I struggled to put in my passcode, and first try to call Courtney.

You have the reached the voicemail box of...

Crap. Okay, maybe Olivia?

You have reached the-

Ian. Ian would answer.

You have-

Crap! Come on!

I stared at my contacts, clicking on Shaynes name. I didn't want to actually call him, I only said that to piss off Damien, but I didn't want to actually do it.

Wait, why do I care? He's talking to some chick behind my back!

I put the phone up to my ear, taking a deep breath as I listened to the ringer go off.

Riiing
Riiiing
Riiiing
"Y/n? Why are you calling so late?" His groggy voice spoke from the other end of the phone, which was just enough to send me into a fit.

"S-Shayne! Oh my god no one else would answer, I need a ride home, please."

"Woah, woah. Slow down there. What's wrong, why are you crying? Aren't you at Damien's?"

I sobbed, rubbing the tears from my cheeks.

"Y-Yeah."

He took a steady breath, as I heard shuffling in the background. He set his phone down, I assume at least, to quickly get dressed.

"Tell me what that dumbass did once I get there. Do you need me to stay on the phone?"

"No, it's fine. Thank you." I hung up, shoving my phone back into my pocket. I tried to compose myself before he got here, but it was becoming impossible. The tears kept falling from my eyes. I don't understand how he could so easily lie to me, he never seemed like that kind of person. The way he always spoke so highly of me...I never thought...