I'M AN ISRAELITE, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!

OVER THE NEXT FEW PAGES WE WILL BE FOLLOWING THE ADVENTURES OF THE ISRAELITES AS THEY SET OUT TO FIND THE LAND GOD HAS PROMISED THEM. WE WILL SEE HOW THEY SURVIVE THE DESERT TUCKER CHALLENGES, WHO GETS NOMINATED AND HOW THEY GET ON TOGETHER.

          EXODUS 13:17 ; 14:5
"If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt". Exodus 13:17

If the Israelites had gone on the coast route it would have taken just 5 days to reach Canaan. But going this way would risk being run down by the Egyptians in their chariots or being attacked by the Giant Philistines. God knew best. Although the Israelites were dressed for battle God knew they were not battle-hardened. He led them on a route to Canaan that in the end took 40 years. But by the time they got there they were  prepared for battles that lay ahead.
Moses was an automatic pilot following the large column of cloud that went ahead of them. He knew the Lord was in the cloud sorting out the best route. At night the cloud became a pillar of fire floodlighting the escape.
The Israelites kept in formation when the cloud swept through 180º (degrees) to lead them towards the Red Sea. Now they are trapped. Is this another fine mess Moses has got them into? The word Impossible is not in God's vocabulary.

ENGAGE:
Deuteronomy 32:10-11 explains that throughout their trek God shielded his people "like an eagle that....hovers over its young". God cares for us the same way. He guides us away from situations that are potentially harmful. That's why it is so important to talk with God and ask his advice when we have decisions to make. It's tempting to rush and think we know best. But the easy route is not always the best.

What situations situations do you face that could be full of unseen dangers?

Author's Note:
Feel free to answer the questions in comments.
Thank You☺☺