The Adventure Begins

The New York streets were alive and full of noise: drivers were honking at each other to move, tourists were standing chatting and laughing as they took selfies and pictures of New York's grand monuments, even the hot dog vendors and newspaper stands were shouting at people to come and buy something. It was a lot noisier than Rachel had anticipated, after coming from a quiet town like Lima she had gotten used to it being quieter, it was more peaceful. But now here she was ready to begin her destiny in New York and ready to begin it on her own.

Finn and she had broken up a few weeks before graduation and it had been the best decision she has made. Rachel hadn't realised just how much she had sacrificed and changed for Finn, and in return Finn had done nothing in return for her. She knew deep down that she would always be that moon eyed girl who freaked him out in his first Glee rehearsal to him and she wasn't willing to sacrifice her dreams just to make him happy. Finn did not understand at all, he didn't understand why she had to get out of Lima and why she had to go straight away; he had tried to persuade her to defer her NYADA admission to the following year so she could help him find his purpose but Rachel had finally had enough. Her patience was growing thin and it all accumulated in an ugly break up, quite a public one too.

But she was moving on from that now, she had bigger things to attend to now. And now here she was in the city she's always dreamed of living in and getting ready to start her dream. She turned her head to the side and smiled at Kurt's reaction, he was staring at New York with a look of awe and wonder on his face. Even though he didn't get into NYADA this year Rachel had managed to persuade him to come with her, he wasn't sure what he was going to do just yet but Rachel would try her best to help him find something.

"You ready Kurt?"

Kurt turned to face his best friend, a grin spread across his face. "Ready as I'll ever be Miss Berry. Do you have that address we're going to for the apartment?"

"Of course I do" Rachel rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone to quickly type in the address onto her maps.

"It's not too far from here. Let's go"

--------------------

Safe to say that as soon as Kurt and Rachel saw the apartment in Bushwick they wanted it immediately, sure they knew it was in a not-so-nice neighbourhood and they had to get a long train to get to where they wanted to go but it was full of potential. Potential to make it their own, Kurt was already scrap-booking ideas on what their living room was going to look like. And the potential to make so many new and incredible memories. Rachel was just grateful that she didn't have to spend her first year in the dorm rooms at NYADA; she had heard some horror stories about what goes on there.

Their first few weeks in New York had flew in, with the help of their friends and family they now had acceptable furniture in their apartment, minus doors for their bedrooms which meant that there were now two sheets hanging to give them privacy. With everything now sorted and feeling more at home Rachel and Kurt were able to enjoy being in New York a bit more.

"Are you ready for NYADA next week? That's going to be exciting" Kurt sipped on his drink as they took a seat in a quiet café that was near NYADA, Rachel had ultimately decided to spend the day locating various cafés, book stores and vegan stores near the school so she didn't have to panic on her first day. Kurt was more than willing and had even managed to drag Rachel to do some shopping; he was adamant that he was going to give her a New York makeover. Now they were spending some time in a boutique café that Rachel had managed to find when looking at recommendations.

"I am" Rachel smiled in reply, "I'm just excited to finally get a new start out here. This is my dream you know? So it feels a bit surreal that we're finally here but I couldn't imagine being here with anyone else than my best friend"