Chapter 3

Morning soon came and they saw Beni with the group of Americans, Beni then said, "Good morning my friends." Rick nodded to him as Lilly got off Asim letting him lay down for a well deserved rest as Lilly petted him as an American said, "What the hell we doing?" Beni, "Patient my good friend." The american with the cowboy hat then said, "Remember our bet O'Connell, first one to the city. Five hundred cash bucks" Lilly glared at Rick and said, "You made a bet." the first american then said to Beni, "A hundred of those bucks are yours if you help us get to the city first." Beni got a greedy look and said, "Oh my pleasure." Rick snorted and said, "Lilly, you and Asim better be ready to go." Lilly nodded and got Asim up with promises that he can fully relax once they got to the city, as Evalyn asked Rick, "For what?" Rick continued to stare out into the desert, "We're about to be shown the way." as Lilly got on Asim the city started to appear.

They soon took off to the city, Lilly holding tightly to the mane and pushing her body close to Asim making him go faster and move freely as if she became one with him, soon they were neck to neck with Evy. The two sisters looked at each other and smiled as they heard their brother say, "Go Evy, Go Lilly." then with a burst of energy Asim took off faster than before to the city getting their first. As they came to a stop Lilly got off Asim and petted his muzzle kissing him on the forehead saying, "Good Job Asim, good boy, I'm so proud of you." soon after the others came.

They set up camp and started to dig to get into the ruins, Lilly set a bowl of water and laid a blanket out for Asim and said, "Rest now Asim, you did great." she then went to join the others.

Evy's/Evalyn p.o.v

I walked away giggling as O'Connell started to hit the warden with the rope he was tying, then the warden asked why we were away from the others, I then said, "That's the statue of Anubis, it's legs go deep underground. According to bembridge scholars that is where we'll find a secret compartment holding the book of Amun-ra." I looked to see where the sun was making sure that the ancient mirrors would catch the sun's rays.

I looked at Jonathan and said, "You're suppose to catch the sun with that Jonathan." O'Connell then asked, "So ah, what are all those old mirrors." I glared at him slightly and said, "Ancient mirrors, It's an ancient egypt trick, you'll see." he then said, "Here this is for you." I looked up at him surprised as I took it from him, he then said, "Go ahead it's something I borrowed off one of our American brethren. I thought you might like it." he then turned away as Lilly and the warden shared knowing looks as he glared at them and said, "What are you looking at." they both held their hands up in surrender as Lilly came to my side looking at what O'Connell gave me.

I smiled as it was a small digging tools for the small detailed things, Lilly then asked, "Is he still 'crude, ugly, filthy, and scandalous' Evy." I glared as she walked away giggling as O'Connell was about to enter the ruins the warden said, "Keep a lookout for bugs, I hate bugs." I then followed him next into the ruins along with Lilly right behind me.

Once our feet touched the ground we looked around the room in amazement as I said, "You do realize that we're standing in a room that nobody has stood in over three thousand years." I then heard Jonathan ask, "What is that god awful stench." I heard Lilly giggle as Jonathan said, "Oh." I then walked to one of the mirrors cleaning off the spider web and said, "And then there was light." I saw O'Connell smile and say, "Hey that is a neat trick." Lilly then said, "Oh my god." I looked around and realized where we were.

I then said, "It's a snietrick." he looked at me confused and said, "A what?" "A preparation room." "A preparation for what?" Lilly then said in a creepy singing voice, "For entering the afterlife." he then pulled out his gun as Lilly giggled and Jonathan said, "Mummy's my good son, this is where they made the mummy's." Lilly then pulled out her gun as we started to walk threw a hall, I then said, "We really need to have a talk about you having a gun." we then heard a bunch of scratching and the sort all around us get really loud soon it all stopped as if it never happened.